New York, NY
• Copy edits scripts for grammar, syntax and substance (including fact checking);
• Writes teases, headlines, segments/readers features and news packages for daily show(s);
• Writes banners, and quotes during breaking news and live events;
• Supervises writing and graphics development;
• Provides guidance and mentor Segment Producers, Associate Producers, Digital Associates and other junior team members on writing tone, substance and style;
• Works with Management and Line Producers on standards and the editorial direction of language for the anchors, correspondents and on screen graphics;
• Pitches and executes special, feature and recurring segments;
• Writes intros, readers and top of show as needed;
• Ensures fixes are made before the next segment airing; and,
• Works with Associate Producers and Digital Associates on their writing and producing.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum 3+ years working as a show producer.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Fundamental background in journalism and media, including strong news judgment & critical thinking skills
• Impeccable grammar and spelling
• A passion for news both domestic and international news.
• Strong communication skills and ability to train and advise associate producers, production assistants and junior staff in writing and editing broadcast copy.
• Command of AP style and broadcast writing.
• Detail oriented with ability to work and write calmly and efficiently in high stress, intense deadline, live TV environment
• Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test.
• Be able to multi-task and manage multiple assignments for regular programming as well as rolling breaking news coverage.
• Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
• You must be a team player with, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task
You might also have -
• Knowledge of ENPS and INews preferred
• Strong understanding of digital and social media
• Knowledge and a passion for the future of digital media
• Line producer experience
• This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site