New York, NY
• Copy edits scripts for grammar, syntax and substance (including fact checking);
• Writes teases, headlines, segments/readers features and news packages for daily show(s);
• Writes banners, and quotes during breaking news and live events;
• Supervises writing and graphics development;
• Provides guidance and mentor Segment Producers, Associate Producers, Digital Associates and other junior team members on writing tone, substance and style;
• Works with Management and Line Producers on standards and the editorial direction of language for the anchors, correspondents and on screen graphics;
• Pitches and executes special, feature and recurring segments;
• Writes intros, readers and top of show as needed;
• Ensures fixes are made before the next segment airing; and,
• Works with Associate Producers and Digital Associates on their writing and producing.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Minimum 3+ years working as a show producer.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Fundamental background in journalism and media, including strong news judgment & critical thinking skills
• Impeccable grammar and spelling
• A passion for news both domestic and international news.
• Strong communication skills and ability to train and advise associate producers, production assistants and junior staff in writing and editing broadcast copy.
• Command of AP style and broadcast writing.
• Detail oriented with ability to work and write calmly and efficiently in high stress, intense deadline, live TV environment
• Must pass comprehensive CBS News Digital writing test.
• Be able to multi-task and manage multiple assignments for regular programming as well as rolling breaking news coverage.
• Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
• You must be a team player with, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to multi-task
You might also have -
• Knowledge of ENPS and INews preferred
• Strong understanding of digital and social media
• Knowledge and a passion for the future of digital media
• Line producer experience
• This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.