Preferred locations: Seattle WA, Austin TX, Vancouver BC. Open to consideration for remote within the United States.
Senior Technical Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA delivers games, content and online services for consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™ and Plants vs. Zombies™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by developing new engine features and tools. Our experienced global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and working closely with EA studios to ship amazing games.
What does a Technical Game Designer do?
As a Technical Game Designer, you will report to Frostbite's Creative Director. You will directly contribute to and push the boundaries of the newest tools and workflows that Frostbite releases to game teams. You'll help make our development process more creator-centric by serving as a link between engineers and game creators.
• Use your technical and game design expertise to provide a range of game and content scripting solutions with Frostbite's node-based scripting tool
• As a Technical Game Designer on the Frostbite team you will collaborate directly with engineers to improve the usability of content workflows and help steer the design of new features.
• You will build tech demos and create documentation and training materials to help educate the Frostbite community and broadcast Frostbite's capabilities.
• You will will collaborate and advise on tools, workflows and best practices with Technical Artists and Designers across all of EA studios using Frostbite
• 5+ years of experience as a Technical Game Designer with expertise in node-based gameplay scripting
• Understand the fundamentals of game design, game design systems and game mechanics
• Experience with Unity, Unreal or other similar game engines
• Shipped 2 + games
• Experience with a diversity of content creation tools within a game engine
• Experience using Maya, Substance or other DCCs
• Experience with Physics systems
• Experience with Ai systems and methods
• Knowledge of Lua, Python or other scripting languages
• Experience with Atlassian Confluence & Jira software or similar tools
• More about our studio: www.frostbite.com