Director Of Strategic Planning
Redwood City, CA US
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. The best people want a job that inspires them, while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our EA Studios Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in support of our Maxis Portfolio (Maxis and Tracktwenty Studios). This Finance Manager I role reports into the Senior Finance Director of FP&A and will provide a unique opportunity to be a collaborative business partner & trusted advisor to the studio leadership team responsible for our Sims and SimCity franchises.
• Responsible for executing all aspects of financial planning and analysis activities for the Maxis studio portfolio
• Overall responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting and analysis. Effectively communicating results to enhance and enable decision making
• Working closely with studio business partners on developing the fiscal year plan/forecast and strategic long range model for research and development spend, including headcount, as well as proactively managing risks and opportunities
• Partner and collaborate with cross-functional teams across the organization to drive live service revenue forecasts
• Providing financial modeling and analysis for new IPs and new business models
• Preparing management reporting on P&L performance, forecast and long range strategic planning targets
• Provide financial leadership, ensuring the financial implications of all business decisions are understood & considered
• Dotted line relationship with a Senior Financial Analyst in support of the portfolio
• Bachelor's degree required – Finance / Economics / Accounting related field preferred
• Minimum 5-7 years of related financial experience (FP&A experience preferred)
• Extensive experience with financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, reporting & analysis
• Demonstrated top performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence
• Exceptionally strong results orientation & bias to action. Healthy impatience for change. Willingness to ask the tough questions & challenge the status quo. Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure & anticipates and resolves problems before they develop
• Excellent communication & interpersonal skills that enable clear & concise communication to all levels of the organization. Strong sense of visual communication to help executive partners digest complex information in an accessible manner
• Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of partners across different functional groups
• Confidentiality & integrity in dealing with highly sensitive information. Strong reputation for professional integrity, seasoned business judgment & objectivity
• Experience & proficiency with financial programs like Hyperion Essbase & Oracle
In an industry that's changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you're reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.