Montreal, QC CA
Mill Film is a world-class VFX studio built on the belief that inclusion and diversity are integral to delivering world-class visual effects. By bringing together talented people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, we have built an industry-leading team that broadens artistic horizons and explores creative approaches to deliver outstanding VFX for feature and episodic content. Since re-opening our doors in 2018, the studio has delivered Disney's Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, Paramount's Dora and the Lost City of Gold, Universal Pictures' Cats, and Amblin Entertainment's The Turning along with working on Amblin's upcoming science fiction drama BIOS.
Texturing Artists are responsible for painting photo-real textures and relevant maps for other surface effects to be mapped to 3D objects for our Assets team.
If you have a passion for texturing and can use Mari, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Maya then we want to hear from if you are used to leading teams for Texturing.
You would be an absolute superstar if you also possessed the following bonus skills:
• Previous experience with Linux
• Previous experience with Mari
• Knowledge of substance painter
• Previous experience in a VFX environment
• Previous education or experience in traditional arts
• Previous experience working with scanned reference, photos or other artwork to create textures
• Knowledge of modelling and shading
• Experience in substance designer and nuke is a bonus
• Examples of Traditional Art are a plus