Moving Picture Company
Remote / Virtual
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE WORK YOU MUST RESIDE IN MONTREAL
Founded in 2001, MR. X is an award-winning visual effects company specializing in high-concept episodic series and feature films. With years long relationships spanning the globe and including some of the industry's top creators, MR. X has delivered visual effects for critically acclaimed titles including The Shape of Water, Roma, Da 5 Bloods and Vikings, to name just a few. By partnering with clients through every stage of their project, MR. X helps shape and guide what makes it to the screen for some of the world's most exciting film and episodic television content. MR. X comprises over 600 filmmakers, artists, and technologists working across the company's world-class facilities located in Toronto, Montreal, Adelaide, Bangalore and Los Angeles.
For more information about MR. X – Partners in storytelling – visit http://www.mrxfx.com
• Work closely with VFX Supervisors and Leads to determine best approach to solve effects challenges and develop final look in shot development
• Work with other TDs, art directors and designers to create photo-real effects and physically accurate simulations
• Accurately interpret concept art and design from the Art Department
• Use and understand 3D / 2D applications such as Houdini, Maya, and Nuke
• Provide input regarding tools and interfaces to improve throughput
• Producing a final overall look that far exceeds client expectations.
• At least 2 years of feature film production experience working with Houdini and/or Maya
• Experience with RealFlow, FumeFX, and Naiad a plus
• Experience lighting and rendering with Mantra, Renderman, and V-Ray a plus
• Ability to script in Python and Hscript. C++ and HDK and plus
• Ability to quickly master proprietary effects tools and pipeline tools
• Ability to design, self-direct, and organize your work
• Strong communication skills and must be able to work well within a team
• Exercise a high level of focus and skill in a fast-paced production environment
• Ability to perform visual and analytical problem-solving
• Strong demo reel and/or portfolio in realistic effects animation, lighting, arts or engineering.
Technicolor is home to the world's premiere portfolio of visual effects brands, services, and creative innovations. With locations that span the globe, and service offerings tailored to the specific creative and storytelling needs of each project, we power premium content. Our diverse family of VFX brands includes: MPC, The Mill, MR. X, Mikros MPC Advertising, and Technicolor VFX. Each studio has their own unique approach to help storytellers create out of this world experiences.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site