Senior Rendering Software Engineer
Software Engineer - Cloud Gaming
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. Making games is complicated! That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
We are building EA's Cloud Gaming system to run at scale. It is not only about the delivery of games from the Cloud as a video stream. It's also about bringing comprehensive gaming to our users. Play the games, on any device, connected with your friends, with a unified experience. You'll be part of a team that bridge cross-EA services, build the infrastructure tools, and bring a unified user experience.
What a Software Engineer does within EADP Cloud Gaming Division at EA in Seattle:
We have multiple categories we address: Back-end services to manage the Cloud Gaming catalog, entitlements, and login process; front-end web experiences to manage these capabilities, and the interactive experience to browse and launch games (currently written in Unity). You don't need to be an expert in all of these areas to be valuable to the team!
Your primary responsibility will be to collaboratively develop system features. You will report to the Director of Engineering-Cloud Gaming and work with team members and mutually design various aspects of the system.
• Design with the team back-end system features like our how we handle our cloud gaming game catalog and use the EA wide catalog system.
• Develop features aligned with the product roadmap
• Develop user experience oriented features addressing to increase efficiency, responsiveness, and user-friendliness
• Resolve defects during the QA cycle, and from live environments
• B.Sc. in Computer Science / Software Engineering or a grounding in the fundamentals
• 3+ years experience as a software developer: You should be comfortable writing code, debugging and fixing defects, and some experience participating or leading the design of new capabilities.
Below is a broad list of areas our team uses, any of which would benefit the team.
• Experience with microservices: Docker, Kubernetes, Istio
• DevOps stuff: Terraform, AWS
• Unity 3D
• C# - Most of our existing code is in C#, including .NET Core
• C++ - We have a growing codebase here for a key component
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We are proud of the great perks we offer like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, pension with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. Health, Dental, Financial offered (ESPP and RRSP matching); Bonus and relocation assistance also offered.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site