Associate Product Manager
San Francisco, CA
WB Games seeks a Senior Software Engineer with full stack development experience in its San Francisco Production team.
What part will you play?
You will be developing and implementing key game systems and features, as well as integrating with internal and external libraries and services. This role will have a variety of responsibilities. The primary responsibility of the position is end to end mobile game development including backend-end development, API/Library integration and occasionally front-end development. As a seasoned Game Engineer, you will also be involved in brainstorming, design discussions, and code reviews.
This position requires close collaboration with all other disciplines to help develop practical solutions that will bring our games to life. In this position you will have the opportunity to impact many areas of our games, while setting and maintaining the highest possible quality bar for yourself and the rest of the team.
• Game system / feature design & implementation / Library / Service integration.
• Review the work of other Gameplay Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
• Performance optimization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What do we require from you?
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
• At least 7 years of software development experience with at least 4 years in the game industry.
• Shipped at least 2 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
• Unity development experience required.
• Extensive Java programming skills.
• Knowledge of C#.
• Deep knowledge of Unity including custom tool creation.
• Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
• Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
• Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
• Strong practical knowledge of mobile, platforms middleware technologies, strengths and weaknesses.
• Extensive experience working with internal and externally developed code.
• Extensive experience with self-testing to minimize and fix issues.
• Experience with network game design and development a plus.
• Strong performance optimization experience.
• Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
• Passion for making games.
WB is an equal opportunity employer and will consider for employment qualified applicants consistent with the requirements of Article 49, Sections 4904-4905 and 4908-4910 of the San Francisco Police Code and all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site