Executive News Producer
Englewood Cliffs, NJ US
CNBC is building a new team for a new one-hour evening news program titled The News with Shepard Smith, launching this Fall, and airing weekdays at 7pm ET. In this newscast, you will be an integral part to help widen our aperture to cover the most significant news stories of the day.
What you'll do:
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Assist CNBC Business News Show with the coordination of elements for daily program, including use of clips, graphics, & props
• Research background information on a wide range of business and financial news stories, using a variety of sources such as the Internet, newspapers, and magazines.
• Assisting on-air talent on and off-set, including answering phones, faxing, and paperwork.
• Coordinate production requests and schedules, arrange travel for talent and team.
• Draft and process all travel, entertainment and business expenses, including reconciling and responding to any auditing or finance requests
• Update and maintain team schedule
• Assist producers with pre-interviews.
• Screen, coordinate and produce phone calls for segments.
What we'll offer:
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you'll have access to great perks and amenities:
• Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
• Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
• Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
• Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
Don't have a car? No problem! We offer free shuttle transportation to and from multiple locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Hoboken and Jersey City
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you'll get…
We're a global company that values our employee's individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we're smarter, more dynamic and better together. That's why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you'll bring:
• At least 1 year of experience in production
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated writing ability, research skills and telephone communication skills
You'll stand out if:
• Proficient with content systems, especially the i-News computer system is preferred
• Interest in and proficiency in social media a plus
• Exceptional interpersonal & teamwork skills, exhibiting proven ability to work collaboratively, with individuals at all levels, and across all functional groups
• Self-starter and be able to make quick, editorially sound decisions while remaining calm under pressure
• Ability to multi-task, and have experience working in live television
• Ability to work with others under tight deadlines
• Highly organized and detail oriented
• Strong analytical skills
• Business news knowledge a plus