EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. EA SPORTS creates authentic, immersive, and fun experiences that invite a diverse audience of players to create, connect, compete, and self-express through industry-leading sports videogames and live services, including FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com.
Interested in joining our team? At EA Madrid - where passion for sports is only matched by the talent on the ground - we are looking for passionate Software Engineers, along with other disciplines, to play an integral part in developing the next installments of our Madden franchise.
The Challenge Ahead:
Using C++ as the primary development language, the Software Engineer will develop game and infrastructure features for for our Madden franchise, and improving and maintaining existing code.
What a C++ Software Engineer does at EA:
• Write technical design specifications.
• Create game engine components.
• Develop common code to extend existing EA proprietary shared libraries
• Profiling and optimizing software components.
• Use existing code bases and libraries, including contributing to and authoring Best Practices and SE Guidelines
The next great EA C++ Software Engineer also needs:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
• Proficiency with C++
• Client/Server environment
• Basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred.
• Oriented design and implementation
• Knowledge of good software engineering practices
• Understand memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
• Math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra..
• Test and debug other Software Engineer's code competently.
• Always improve how to improve product quality and group productivity.
• Demonstrate dependability
• Scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#. is an asset
• Flash and specifically in tandem with Actionscript is an asset
• C1 equivalent level of English
What's in it for you? Glad you asked!
Since we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, we offer great benefits packages and a culture that are motivated by creativity and passion. You will also get a benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free video games.
At EA, we live the ''work hard/play hard'' credo every day.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
• Click here if you want to know more about our location
• Please check out our digital magazine for more information about Living in Spain
Connect your future to ours. Inspire. Dream. Play.