Art & Design Department Assistant
Simon & Schuster
New York, NY US
Who We Are
WarnerMedia, a leading media and entertainment company creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
If you want to join a fun, driven, talented, fast-paced team that's at the ground floor for the future of entertainment, this is the place for you.
Calling all TV and film buffs! We have your dream position. Our programming services team is in search of a Content Acquisitions Coordinator to join us in helping license content for WarnerMedia's programming services, primarily focusing on the ad-supported linear networks of TBS, TNT, truTV and TCM. Reporting to the SVP, Content Acquisitions, you'll be key in providing critical support in deal negotiation and management.
• Track potential content opportunities and submissions, coordinating with Programming, Research & Finance teams in evaluating those opportunities across WarnerMedia services.
• Support all aspects of deal negotiation, collaborating with Finance, Marketing, PR, Product and other internal stakeholders as well as coordinate with Legal through contract execution.
• Assist in the resolution of contract discrepancies relating to acquired/licensed content and steer post-execution maintenance of upcoming/future notifications, deadlines and contractual triggers
• Support departmental initiatives, undertake special projects and other duties as assigned, which might include coordination of events for network business resource groups in collaboration with human resources
• Build / maintain databases as repositories for competitive/dynamic marketplace information to generate reports tracking acquisitions and providing key insights into competitive acquisition practices, including spotting industry media utilization trends (e.g. AVOD and SVOD platforms)
• Manage and evaluate content performance by developing market expertise through industry research and competitive analysis.
• Utilize in-house research tools to create compelling acquisition deal analysis, prepare reports and PowerPoint decks as needed for both internal and external audiences and helping develop model predicting / assessing performance across WME.
• Maintain monthly/quarterly reports that provide key insights into competitive acquisition practices on television series and feature films, including the analysis of trends in purchasing for on-air exhibitions and exposure in other forms of media
Who You Are
• You have 3+ years relevant entertainment-industry experience, with at least two years working in content acquisitions, content sales or distribution. It's a plus if you have a degree in film or communication/media studies.
• You have a strong knowledge of the film industry, linear television market, and the digital-distribution landscape.
• You are a strong spoken/written communicator with the ability to develop creative, clear, and concise storytelling for a variety of audiences.
• You have demonstrated experience in market and competitive analysis and have experience analyzing and intepreting legal language in licensing contracts.
• You have excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments at once while monitoring timelines and adjusting work as needed to achieve incredible success.
• You have the ability to take direction and follow through but can also own and take full responsibility of projects and assignments.
• You're a polished professional who is comfortable serving as the main contact for executives, internal stakeholders, partners, and third-parties.
• You are a self-starter and strong teammate who can work independently, collaboratively and responsibly in a fast-paced environment.
• You must have discretion and the ability to work with highly confidential matters.
Something to note: The deals we negotiate aren't always completed during bankers' hours, or in a 40-hour work week. So keep in mind there will be weekend and evening work here and there. But know this, work/life balance is incredibly important to our teams and overall we're a flexible bunch.
A Few Tips for Submitting Your Application!
• Tailor your resume to the role.
• In your cover letter, show us your passion for TV and film especially highlighting what you know about our networks.
• Be creative in how you tell your story. Why should YOU be our next Content Acquisitions Coordinator?
DEADLINE TO APPLY: WEDNESDAY, JULY 1
• Full-time position (40+ hours/week)
• Eligible for full benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + retirement benefits (401k matching!)
• Fantastic paid time off package (includes vacation, sick and personal days, plus holidays)
• Competitive compensation package
• Paid time off every year to volunteer
• 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers AND Dads
• An industry leading in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
• Working for incredible WarnerMedia brands like HBO Max, HBO, CNN, WB, TBS, TNT, Turner Sports, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and more!