Redwood City, CA
Senior Concept Artist
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and we consider our players' experiences first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new game experiences by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. This is a rare and unique opportunity at EA to help define a new model of game development. As part of this team, you will report into the Art Director and work in close collaboration with game design, XD, engineering and operations.
Who you are:
You are adaptable, highly organized, self motivated, and able to work independently when needed. You are a driving force for creativity but understand the impact of gameplay in everything you create. And last but not least we are a distributed team and you must be highly communicative, proactive, and collaborative.
What a Senior Concept Artist will do:
The Senior Concept Artist is an essential role to the success of our game. You will help establish and convey the Art Director's vision through a wide array of concept art. You will conceptualize organic and inorganic characters, environments and set pieces, storyboards, and vfx that players will engage with all across our game universe. You will work closely with the other internal art disciplines, Outsourcing, and Marketing to deliver compelling environments and characters.
• 7+ years game industry experience
• The ability to work in a range of visual styles and techniques
• Strong understanding of composition, perspective, color theory, anatomy, and lighting
• Must be able to ideate and iterate quickly and clearly
• Expert in Photoshop
• Proficient with using 3D software as a tool for conceptual development
• Basic video knowledge for pre-visualization of storyboards
• Take ownership and responsibility, drive work and be reliable in your delivery
• Be able to coach peers and share knowledge
• Shipped 2 or more AAA titles for mobile or console
• Remote work experience
• Experience with Unity
• Experience in mobile and free-to-play games
• Experience on a Live Services team
• Knowledge and passion for the Star Wars Universe
• An avid gamer.
As part of the application process we might ask you to perform a practical work test. The position is permanent and applications will be selected continuously. Apply online with a combined CV and portfolio, only applications with a portfolio will be considered.
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.