Shanghai, CN CN
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to deliver outstanding visuals, audio and technology. Our teams comprise of exceptional artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound and experiences. We are a diverse team, creatively driven through collaboration, culture and craft.
The EA Create Art team delivers compelling visual experiences across multiple genres and art styles. Visual art and technical art unite to create incredible characters and the worlds they inhabit. The Art team encompasses animation, characters, lighting, rigging, technical art, visual effects and worlds.
Building massive worlds, populating them with cars, buildings, roads, trees, props, the EA Create Worlds team has the ultimate goal of creating fun, interactive and exciting worlds for our players to experience.
OS Environment Lead responsibilities
• Lead vendor artists and internal OS artists to support one or more projects including all of the following as well as other duties assigned by the management team.
• Prepare test packages based on project and art requirements
• Review test results with AD and other leads
• Responsible for interview process of vendor leads,
• Provide consultation to the leadership team on vendor evaluation and selection.
• Collaborate with project lead and Tech Artists to build up vendor team workflow.
• Consolidate ramp-up package for vendors which includes visual targets, production guidelines, and training materials.
• Responsible for training vendor artists
• Responsible for ramping up vendor team on quality and workflow
• Provide onsite training when needed
• Help TechArtists to test vendor artists working environment.
• Help the vendor team to customize the project documentation, and validate the vendor documentation.
• Prepare the vendor production package including task brief, source file, and references.
• Reconcile task estimation with the vendor partner
• Help project managers to evaluate the delivery plan.
• Provide day-to-day review and feedback to the vendor artists.
• Support AD on key milestone reviews.
• Provide and distribute feedback for internal and vendor backlog
• Responsible for internal finishing; submitting final content; and for integration.
• Engage in weekly art and tech meeting with the vendor team.
• Engage in the project art review meeting and submit the weekly OS art report.
• Help the vendor team in daily troubleshooting and escalate risks to stakeholders when necessary.
• Engage in the OS postmortem survey and vendor postmortem meeting
• Help the leadership team to complete vendor postmortem reports and update any necessary documentation.
OS Environment Lead requirement:
• 5+ years of game production experience; console and PC game is preferable.
• 1+ years of experience in leading a game art team and/or experience in leading an OS team is preferable.
• Deep understanding of the general art principles in Environment domain as well as a match for domain skill-set requirements.
• Relevant experience in creating art brief
• Familiarity with the reference collection
• Ability to breakdown high-level direction into executable action plans.
• Relevant experience in providing training, mentoring and feedback.
• Deep understanding of mainstream AAA art content production workflow and standardization.
• Deep understanding of the challenges in distributed development.
• Able to troubleshoot and improve workflow to enhance group productivity.
• Willing to jump into the unknown and solve new problems
• Able to break down challenges and propose solutions.
• Ability to communicate effectively across multiple teams and audience type is necessary
• Experience in art production in multiple disciplines is preferred.