- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
(Temporary Full Time, 12 months estimation)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are Frostbite
Frostbite is EA's state of the art multi-platform game development engine. We empower game creators to shape the future of gaming and we achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world class tools. Our talented team from across the globe is dedicated to building innovative technology and working closely with teams across EA to ship amazing games. Frostbite powers some of our industries' most visually stunning games with deep player experiences in the industry.
What does the Frostbite team do?
We develop the Frostbite engine, EA's state of the art multi-platform game development engine. Working on Frostbite means bringing the engine to some of the most acclaimed franchises in the business such as Battlefield and FIFA. Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game. We are located across North America (Vancouver, Edmonton, Orlando, Montreal) and Europe (Guildford, Stockholm, Bucharest).
What does a Program Manager do?
As a Program Manager, you will plan and manage projects, initiatives, program increments, and releases spanning multiple teams and locations. You will liaise with the project managers on individual development teams to ensure that team capacity and projects are appropriately planned and staffed, and that dependencies and risks are being managed for effective on-time delivery. You will help craft and manage development processes, including project and capacity planning, progress tracking, and team-wide collaboration and communication. You will demonstrate excellent communication skills in keeping the team, the studios, and the executive team up to date with progress on key projects.
Project Planning and Management
• Coordinate with engineering stakeholders and product owners to prioritize projects
• Determine the resource requirements to meet the project goals
• Evaluate and resolve dependencies and establish success criteria
• Successfully deliver projects using Agile development in a distributed development environment
• Manage and track development work, and communicate progress against committed deliverables
• Estimate the impact of change requests on project schedule, budget, and resources
• Ensure support issues and other plan interrupts are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
Team and Process Management
• Dotted-line manage and support project managers from development teams
• Monitor workload and recognize extra effort
• Drive departmental planning (i.e. resource, initiative, program increment, release planning)
• Devise and assist in implementing process improvements across groups and advocate for the team.
Skills and Experience
• 8+ years of project and program management experience in a high tech company
• Experience in various project management methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall
• Experience with distributed development across multiple locations
• Strong negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
• Effective communication skills across all levels of an organization
• Bachelor's degree
• How the Frostbite engine is shaping the future of gaming
• More job openingsfor the Frostbite team
• More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/vancouver