New York, NY
• Writes headlines and edit video for live digital broadcast;
• Closely coordinates with the Senior and Line Producers during live news programs;
• Maximizes SEO and shareability of CBSN content;
• Works with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video;
• Works directly with development engineers to improve user interface and implement sponsorship content;
• Helps run, optimize and time live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire) platforms;
• May have editorial decision making for breaking news coverage in communication with Management and technical team, when applicable (e.g. overnights and weekends);
• Creates playout rundowns for live hours, playback hours and special programming;
• Creates video on demand links for each story, runs and edits to the story slugs and long titles for that content while in an active fusion rundown;
• Writes the story slugs, and long titles that serve as the titles below the videos for content on CBSN;
• Executes rundown creation and programming for weekend programming and special programming (i.e., originals, marathons, special events);
• Builds, creates, stacks and times rundowns;
• Works from the control room to guide CBSN in and out of breaks and live/recorded content;
• Times out rundowns during hours of CBSN content that are not entirely live;
• Manages content during the day once it is recorded, and helps determine when it will run in future hours
• Replaces older content in the rundown with updates to those stories;
• Communicates fixes to editors to be done to live segments before re-airing;
• Edits and manages the promos that are airable and deletes those that are dated;
• Edits other CBS programming, manages content to be re-aired on CBSN;
• Manages content live to air when taken through a remote feed; Manages the tickers and the break structure during non-live hours;
• Coordinates with master control to break into live content during breaking news with a banner to simulcast an affiliate or alternate station;
• Edits packages from Newspath and other wire content and push to playout system during the overnight
• Fixes and saves banners as needed to update content within a live hour.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Must have minimum of 2+ years work experience in Cable, Broadcast or Digital
• A self-starter mentality and you anticipate the needs of the show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from senior producers.
• Must feel comfortable in a fast pace control room.
• Need to be knowledgeable about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Are familiar with Avid editing systems and ENPS.
• Available for overnights, early morning, nights, weekends, holidays. This is a 24-hour network.
• Strong writing skills, accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
• Time Management skills and works well in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
• Understanding of SEO
• Available for early morning, nights, weekends, holidays - this is a 24-hour network
• Work well in a team environment, pay close attention to details, and have the ability to multi-task
You might also have -
• Ability to use video, graphics and other elements to enhance coverage of every story
• Experience coordinating reporter hits as well as research and booking
• This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site