New York, NY
• Writes headlines and edits video for live digital broadcast;
• Closely coordinates with the Senior Producers and Line Producers during live news programs;
• Maximizes SEO and shareability of CBSN content;
• Works with video editors and social media team to edit and publish out video;
• Works directly with development engineers to improve user interface and implement sponsorship content;
• Helps run, optimize and time live and on demand video content for mobile, desktop and OTT (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire) platforms;
• May have editorial decision making for breaking news coverage in communication with Management and technical team, when applicable (e.g. overnights and weekends);
• Creates playout rundowns for live hours, playback hours and special programming;
• Creates video on demand links for each story, runs and edits to the story slugs and long titles for that content while in an active fusion rundown;
• Writes the story slugs, and long titles that serve as the titles below the videos for content on CBSN;
• Executes rundown creation and programming for weekend programming and special programming (i.e., originals, marathons, special events);
• Builds, creates, stacks and times rundowns;
• Works from the control room to guide CBSN in and out of breaks and live/recorded content;
• Times out rundowns during hours of CBSN content that are not entirely live;
• Manages content during the day once it is recorded, and helps determine when it will run in future hours
• Replaces older content in the rundown with updates to those stories;
• Communicates fixes to editors to be done to live segments before re-airing;
• Edits and manages the promos that are airable and deletes those that are dated;
• Edits other CBS programming, manages content to be re-aired on CBSN;
• Manages content live to air when taken through a remote feed; Manages the tickers and the break structure during non-live hours;
• Coordinates with master control to break into live content during breaking news with a banner to simulcast an affiliate or alternate station;
• Edits packages from Newspath and other wire content and push to playout system during the overnight
• Fixes and saves banners as needed to update content within a live hour.
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• Must have minimum of 2+ years work experience in Cable, Broadcast or Digital
• A self-starter mentality and you anticipate the needs of the show with regard to video, graphics, scripts and other elements while also taking direction from senior producers.
• Must feel comfortable in a fast-paced control room.
• Need to be knowledgeable about social media and the competitive digital news environment.
• Familiar with Avid editing systems and ENPS.
• Available for overnights, early mornings, nights, weekends, holidays. This is a 24-hour network.
• Strong writing skills, accuracy, organizational skills and attention to detail is a must
• Time Management skills and works well in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
• Understanding of SEO
• Work well in a team environment and have the ability to multi-task
You might also have -
• Ability to use video, graphics and other elements to enhance coverage of every story
• Experience coordinating reporter hits, as well as, research and booking
• This is a position covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the WGA-E
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of ViacomCBS as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry.