Production Associate, World News Tonight
New York, NY
Assignment Editors work directly with all ABC News shows, platforms and units to ensure effective newsgathering collaboration. AE's also take a proactive role in identifying and advocating for stories on broadcast and digital shows.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinating coverage of breaking and ongoing news stories across the ABC News division
• Assigning appropriate newsgathering staff to cover those stories, including correspondents, producers and digital journalists.
• Working with the Logistics Desk to ensure the operational, technical and ENG needs of the field teams are being met.
• Depending on one's shift and area of concentration, there are specific duties that are unique to individual Assignment Editors.
• Strong editorial background with a skill for finding unique and forward-looking stories.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, management potential, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Must be willing to work various shifts in a 24/7 newsroom.
• Fluency in Social Media.
• Minimum 3 years work experience.
• Keen interest in wide range of current events.
• 3 plus years of experience in broadcast or digital newsroom
• Video shooting/editing skills
• Additional languages
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent in experience
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site