Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Creating English subtitles using audio and scripts.
- Formatting, editing and proofreading English subtitles for audio and grammatical accuracy for major Hollywood studios.
- Footnoting cultural references and expressions as an aid to translators.
- Performing audio fidelity quality checks (ensuring subtitles match the audio).
- Localizing language and spelling for British and U.S. English releases.
- Manipulating English files using proprietary software, including preparing scripts and running conversions between formats.
- Staying abreast of changing studio requests and ensuring the timely delivery of projects.
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Exceptional audio sensitivity ability to understand spoken American English.
- Good comprehension skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proven research skills and fact-checking using Internet-based search engines.
- Broad cultural knowledge and wide range of interests.
- Team player, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and work under tight deadline.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint.
- Good knowledge of Co