UX / UI Designer
Foster City, CA
Associate UX/UI Designer (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
As an Associate UX/UI Designer you will be working on overall user experience of the game in all aspects and phases of production. You will be providing UX, UI and Interaction design and documentation for various aspects of the game, UI Design system, and be a part of implementation. We value a culture of collaboration and are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile UI designer to join our team in the San Francisco Bay area. If you share a passion for developing groundbreaking gameplay with a proven team, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of a functioning, iterative UI pipeline, in collaboration with team members from other disciplines.
• Create UI layout, script functionality, and animate UI features.
• Create and/or integrate assets and test functionality of UI widgets.
• Work closely with our UI/UX Lead, and other UI/UX Designers, Artists and Engineers on Implementing UI components.
• Have a passion for games
• One plus years of practical work experience in UI/UX field
• Passionate and knowledgeable about UI and UX
• Experience with scripting languages (Lua, ActionScript, C#, Python).
• Strong proficiency Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
• Solid understanding of the UX Field
• Basic knowledge of LUA or any other scripting language
• Basic skills in 2D animation
• A Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Takes and understands direction and feedback well to meet deadlines
• Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Experience Design, Game Design, or similar discipline
• Proficiency in Visual Design
• Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
• Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Previous experience in Console/PC games
• Contributed to a shipped title
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site