Director, Digital Service Delivery
EA's Quality Verification team is currently seeking a Software Engineer to join the mobile game automation group for a STAR WARS Mobile Strategy Game located in Austin.
Come and join us for an opportunity to help release fun, internationally recognized titles such as Plants vs Zombies, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and more! Experience the dynamic, creative, and challenging environment of AAA game development at a world class studio.
In this role, you will be part of a game development team that aims to constantly push the envelope in quality and design through cutting edge automation and tools. Leveraging technologies and experiences from EA's strong automation ecosystem, your mission will be to drive test and data driven development practices. You will be writing tools which directly support development efforts to produce and ship our games, as well as advocating for best practices through tools and process.
Our ideal candidate will have well rounded programming skills, be capable of working on all portions of a stack, and be able to independently assess and estimate tasks. The role requires a personality type that is outgoing, dynamic, enthusiastic and able to network successfully across a large number of groups and individuals in both the development and quality assurance domains to build and maintain excellent relationships and communications channels.
Join a team where you make a direct impact to our games every day and are challenged and supported to grow and evolve as an engineer! Check out these videos to see who we are and what you will be doing:
Scope and Impact:
In this role your responsibilities would include:
• Implementing tools and self test framework into an unannounced mobile title
• Instrument and tool the product to facilitate test automation and the collection of runtime metrics.
• Enabling QA and dev teams to perform real device integration and performance tests
• Coordination with offsite teams on delivering test automation results, from implementation to execution.
• As needed, maintain test automation scripts and studio device testing hardware.
• Uphold high quality standards through knowledge sharing activities within the EA-wide quality engineering community.
• 4+ years professional experience in C# or C++ development.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience delivering results in a small team environment
• Strong understanding of software testing best practices and patterns.
• Experience participating in all aspects of Scrum: planning, daily engagement, and retrospectives.
• Experience with Unity 3D engine
• Hands-on experience developing a test automation framework used by technical and non-technical users.
• Hands-on experience with Jenkins or other CI system.
• Experience profiling software, and understanding of key indicators which contribute to performant software.
• Demonstrated experience with iOS and/or Android software development (or PS4/Xbox console equivalent).
• A love for making and playing games, and passion for quality in everything we do.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site