Topical Promotion Producer
The ideal candidate is an expert on Adobe Premier who thrives under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You will assist and oversee the editing for our newscasts, coordinate feeds, edit, shoot and edit promotional video for newscasts on Premier. Communication and multi-tasking skills a must. Newsroom experience preferred. Studio experience a plus.
Hours will include early mornings, and could include evenings, weekends and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Editing for the 5/6/7/10pm newscasts (VOs, SOTs, VOSOTs, PKGs, Cold Opens, Special Projects, Etc.)
• Feed coordinator
• Liaison between producers and newsroom assistants
• Delegating editing projects
• Ensuring deadlines are met
• Editing, running cameras, floor director, audio operator and prompter
• Finding archived video
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• College degree or equivalent related experience is required.
• 2 years experience as an editor.
• Working knowledge of ENPS, Bit Central, OPUS or INEWS.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Premier.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• This position requires a person who is the ultimate multi-tasker. You need to be creative and technical, have a passion for people and telling stories.
• Supervise the pre-production side of our broadcast and ensure the highest quality broadcast reaches air. You will also sometimes only have seconds to recognize a potential problem and communicate it with the producer and/or director.
• Applicants must possess the ability to work well under pressure and work well with others. Strong organizational and logistical skills are a must. Must be able to work flexible hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Applicants must demonstrate creativity, initiative, and a desire to try and create new things.
• Must be able to make and execute last second decisions.
• Must be able to work closely with Producer, Director, Transmission, Engineering, Floor Crew, other editors and newsroom assistants
• Required to sit or stand for long periods of time
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site