Intern - Data Analyst
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
At EA, we exist to Inspire the World to Play.
We create amazing experiences for our players everywhere and think about them first in everything we do. Creating transformational experiences requires constant innovation and brilliant, passionate people. We are developing extraordinary new games by bringing together great people that combine creativity, technology, and expertise to deliver new ways to play. EA is driving the next revolution in games.
EA Madrid is home to our international Localization Testing and Compliance & Certification groups, comprised of computer engineers, producers, sound and linguistic specialists working hard to provide localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. At EA Madrid, you will find a vibrant, multicultural environment where each employee has an important role in this exciting organization.
Main Purpose of Internship:
To provide an opportunity for a candidate to gain his/her first professional experience in the area of EACC analytics. Working alongside our Data Analyst, the candidate will help with the development, implementation, testing and maintenance of our data systems infrastructure, including dashboards and reports to help teams analyse and investigate their results.
Alternatively, it could also serve as an opportunity for the candidate to do their ''thesis'' or ''dissertation'' in data analysis or statistics and be fully engaged in helping EA Compliance and Certification with data analysis and data visualization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities (in partnership with Data Analyst)
Conduct analyses using spreadsheets, statistical software, and databases
• Develop and maintain scripts and queries to import, manipulate and clean data from different sources
• Assemble and maintain databases to support analyses
• Create, operate and maintain script-driven methodologies for the generation of analysis and reports.
• Perform quality assurance on generated results to ensure accuracy and consistency
Preparation of ''client ready'' deliverables
• Prepare professional results in presentation and document format
• Quality assurance on final results for consistency and accuracy
Interacting with internal clients
• Dealing with data providers in client organizations, specifically in the development of data requests, checking of data received, and follow up with data providers on data issues.
• Dealing directly with clients on projects involving technical methodologies
• Presenting results to clients in a clear and respectful manner, and maintaining professionalism in collecting feedback
• Project management and quality assurance of active projects
Work with internal Compliance and Certification processes
• Evaluate partner data between functions (i.e. WW QA)
• Review submission quality per location (measured in KPI's to develop alignment actions)
• Evaluate data within current internal business practices to help Leadership drive efficiencies within all Compliance and Certification functions (i.e. overtesting, Mobile vs. Traditional metric review, etc.)
• Align analytics approach with First Parties to provide EA with holistic action points.
What you will learn from the Internship:
• Learn from our team that has an objective to enhance EA Compliance and Certification services by introducing new tools and technologies, producing data to help teams analyse performance and expanding upon automation approaches for test
• Reviewing our data that feeds into various reports, as well as using predictive modelling techniques to highlight common trends
• Management of our data warehouse by ensuring databases are maintained and kept up to date for various projects
• Participate in communications with other data analysts and partner teams in EA across the world, to help align practises and share results of our data upstream
• Understanding Certification processes and the data captured from internal practises
• Relationship building within a team environment, whilst working in a dynamic area with constant change
• Student of Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or similar studies. Ideally in his/her last year or recently completed
• Advanced level of English, both written and verbal, strong communication skills
• Takes pride in achieving excellence - detail oriented, organized, careful and takes mistakes seriously
• Self-motivated and self-driven, with demonstrated ability to quickly and independently learn new concepts
• Professionalism in working in a team environment
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of SQL
• Knowledge of R Statistical software
• Knowledge of Business Intelligence principles and concepts
• Knowledge of Operations, Process Re-engineering/ Optimization
• Knowledge of data visualization techniques