Los Angeles, CA US
CAA is seeking an Assistant to support an Agent in our Comedy Touring department, who primarily focuses on booking live shows and events for comedians. CAA's Comedy Touring department plans and books live shows for CAA's comedy and podcast-based talent in venues ranging from clubs, theaters, and arenas, to colleges and festivals around the globe.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for live touring and comedy talent, the entertainment industry in general and a desire to work in a team-oriented environment. The individual should be flexible, highly organized, have the ability to multi-task under pressure, a master of all things administratively related, a polished communicator, and able to interface directly with clients while remaining poised during all encounters (in-person, phone, email, etc.). A successful assistant would be someone who can be given limited amounts of information and can respond accordingly. Growth opportunities are available for top performers. The ability to work unexpected frequent overtime is required.
• Provide administrative support include heavy phones, coordinating meetings and schedules, preparing expense reports, producing correspondences, travel booking/coordinating, special projects and personal assistance as needed.
• Serve as first point of contact with clients and executives.
• Track clients and potential clients.
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed.
• Attend comedy shows and research up-and-coming comedic talent.
• Input offers and follow-up with buyers.
• Track ticket sales for shows on-sale and input into the system.
• Track contracts and deposits for Network and Live Touring client deals.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• At least 1 year of professional administrative experience supporting an executive in a fast-paced environment.
• At least 1 year of professional experience working in the entertainment industry (music, comedy, or live events) strongly preferred.
• Touring and/or booking experience in live entertainment, comedy, or music preferred.
• Candidate must be interested and knowledgeable in live touring; specifically comedic talent.
• Tenacious. Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Curious. Must have an aptitude of curiosity when it comes to the live touring space; eager to understand emerging talent as it relates to live entertainment and touring.
• Anticipatory. Able to think strategically and creatively.
• Positive, forward-thinking, can-do attitude.
• Strong attention to detail and organization skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• Polished written and verbal communication is a must to be successful in this role.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).