Senior Software Developer
Seattle, WA US
As the Managing Editor of Documentation you'll help game creators learn and make the most of EA's Frostbite game engine. You'll do this by designing a holistic learning experience that includes documentation, tutorials and other training materials. You'll lead a team of technical writers and will partner with product managers, artists, and engineers from across EA to provide a learning experience for all EA game teams. You will report to Frostbite's Director of User Experience.
• Create a compelling learning experience vision and roadmap for new and advanced users
• Establish standards and measures to assess and promote high-quality documentation and training materials
• Lead and mentor a global team of technical writers
• Engage game creators from across EA Studios to gather feedback and communicate updates
• Encourage documentation contributions from EA Studios
• Coordinate learning content across multiple channels including our user guide, forums, and Q&A platforms
• Partner with Frostbite's Creative Director to integrate example game content into the learning experience
• Partner with Experience Designers to improve the usability and accessibility of our learning platform
• Partner with Frostbite's Marketing and Communications Director to improve internal communications
• 5+ years of experience as a Content Manager, Content Strategist, Managing Editor, or similar roles
• 5+ years of experience in content strategy including planning, writing, delivery, and governance
• 5+ years of experience working with content management systems and authoring tools such as Atlassian Confluence, Adobe Experience Manager and Drupal
• Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Education, Instructional Design, or related fields
• Experience with program and sprint planning with Atlassian Jira software or similar tools
Who we are
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA delivers games, content and online services for consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art game engine that powers games such as Madden NFL, EA SPORTS™ FIFA, Battlefield™, Need for Speed™, Dragon Age™, Plants vs. Zombies™ and Anthem™. We empower creators to shape the future of gaming by delivering the best game creation experience for EA games. Our global team is passionate about pushing the boundaries of game engine technology and partnering with EA studios to ship amazing games.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site