Los Angeles, CA US
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You take on challenges – challenges: owning large, critical systems, driving them to do big things. You develop the plan; you hit the goals; you attain the highest quality results. That's what this is about: analyzing, designing, improving, and guiding the team to build great systems so people can build great games.
You're talented, really talented, and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done – and we leave you alone to do them. Sound interesting? Give us a shout!
• Simultaneously develop short, medium, and long view of technology to ensure current titles ship with high performance, and future titles set and achieve superior technological goals.
• Partner with studio leadership to align technical plans and studio goals.
• Guide leads and programmers in planning and developing new systems or revitalizing old ones.
• Communicate technology plans clearly to directors, leads, and team members. Answer questions and provide clarification as needed.
• Build strong relationships with internal and external vendors and with other Sony studios. Leverage those relationships in making technology evaluations and recommendations.
• Evaluate and investigate industry-leading middleware and other tools and technologies, with an eye to usage and tradeoffs among the possible solutions. This includes use, cost, and efficiency, including time required for code base integration, and projected support requirements.
• Establish hardware performance targets and goals across all titles, current and projected.
• Be a Sony console expert. Drive the studio's ability to get the most out of the box, making the hardware shine.
• Minimum ten years technical management experience.
• Minimum ten years professional programming experience, at least seven of which is in C++.
• Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Strong personal interest in video games and knowledge of industry technical trends and innovations.
• Expert in modern game implementation techniques and engine-related issues.
• Thorough understanding of architecture and best practices for game consoles.
• B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of four console titles shipped, from concept to final.
• Enthusiasm and initiative.
• Excellent spoken and written communication.
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site