We are EA and we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Electronic Arts' Firemonkeys Studio in Melbourne, Australia is highly regarded throughout the industry as a leading mobile game studio. We release new meaningful updates on a regular basis for games such as Real Racing 3, The Sims FreePlay, Need for Speed, and The Sims Mobile.
We are looking for an experienced Game Designer II to help design and implement new content and assist in game feature development. This is a mid-level role for a Game Designer with 5-6 + years of experience looking for a role where they can develop their mobile game design skills and mentor junior designers in the team. The ideal candidate will have proven substantial experience designing and balancing compelling content on live mobile games!
• Deliver on the game vision as set by the Creative Director and Product Owners
• Create innovative and engaging content
• Maintain accurate documentation of design solutions
• Work with development team to ensure content and features are delivered to the highest quality
• Tune content at appropriate levels for all our players
• Balance game economies for accessibility, engagement, and monetization
• Remain current on industry design trends
Skills and Experience
• 5-6+ years of experience in mobile game design
• Demonstrable content creation skills
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent in relevant field
• Experience iterating on live features based on player feedback and telemetry data
• Modern studio, located next to Southern Cross Station
• Subsidised health care programme and gym allowance
• Excellent employee benefits, bonuses and share options
• Subsidised games and consoles, with additional games available to take home to play
• Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunch, fresh fruit and hot drinks
• Friday night socials and regular team building outings
How to Apply
To apply, please click the apply now button. To learn more about a career with EA, please visit https://www.ea.com/careers.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.