Multi Media Journalist
Part Time Editor
WXII TV has an opening for a self-motivated individual who wants to win each day. We are seeking a PT Editor who can simultaneously coordinate feeds, edit with both the eye and ear in mind, and coordinate content elements for multiple shows. This member of our team will spend each day editing for newscasts. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to edit in Adobe Premiere. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Bitcentral, NBC and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
• Gathers and edits video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom editing experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
• Can organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site