Digital Marketing Coordinator
Reno, NV US
News4 and FOX11, KRNV/KRXI-TV, in Reno, NV are looking for an experienced Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll, supporting approximately 100 employees under the general direction of the station's Business Manager and Corporate Regional HR Manager. The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years of experience in human resources working in a fast-paced environment. Positive attitude, effective communication, follow-through, and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. The HR/PR Coordinator supports processes (almost all paperless) associated with the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding/exiting, benefits administration, training and development, and performance management, in addition to employee relations.
While no day will be exactly the same, you'll be involved in a variety of HR functions including but not limited to:
• Collaborate in a team-based environment; providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture.
• Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and EEO.
• Prepare and review of a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried staff.
• Interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Coordinate onboarding/exiting process, present information and materials, and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems.
• Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in ATS, schedule interviews, conduct reference checks, etc. Ensure compliance with FCC/EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring.
• Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed
• Administer leaves of absence according to company policy.
• Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications.
• Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees.
• Assist in planning and coordinating team trainings, morale events, and activities.
• Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of HR Generalist level experience.
• Solid understanding of NV employment laws.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations.
• A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties.
• Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail.
• Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and previous HRIS experience.
• Professional experience in television broadcasting a plus.
Please upload a resume and cover letter when applying.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site