Digital Desk Assistant
New York, NY
As a PA/Researcher with the Specials team, you will work directly with producers, senior producers and Executive Producers to assist in the production of live breaking news and long-term news projects.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Provide general administrative support for Specials team, including meeting planning, travel planning and submitting expense reports.
• Schedule/arrange meetings and conference calls, with internal and external parties at a fast and constantly changing pace.
• Handle confidential information with discretion.
• Working closely with specials team to research, select and locate required footage for broadcast.
• Create graphics and lower thirds during breaking news and special coverage
• Research and compile visual elements for air.
• Assist with full-scope of production including compiling research for production team and talent, booking travel and organizing production logistics.
• Help monitor social media and web for any breaking news or long-term news stories
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism,
English, History or a related field of study.
- 1-year of news production experience or internship
related experience at the network or cable-news level.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with iNews
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, under tight
deadline pressure, including breaking news.
- The ability to work overtime, as needed.
- Willing to work in New York, NY.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communicator – both written and verbal.
- Experience with NewsConnect, Avid Media Central or - Avid Interplay, VizRT graphics
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to recognize and implement reprioritization of
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news
and current events.
- Demonstrated interest in graphics creation.
- Long-term career aspirations to be in the
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site