The dailies operator works in the technical and workflow dailies environment of a post production facility in a complex 24/7 environment.
Organized, technically sound and credible, the Dailies Operator is flexible, responsive, and a team-oriented individual who is hands-on, a good problem solver, and exhibits a proactive and transparent style.
The Dailies Operator demonstrates an ability to work within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, and has excellent skills in building relationships, communicating effectively, and serving the needs of others.
NWD ColorTime is looking for a keen individual with experience who can hit the ground running with little to no training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in a fast-paced and busy dailies facility, the Dailies Operator is responsible for syncing, logging, rendering, QC, and delivery of various media for productions.
• Syncing camera masters with associated audio files
• Logging scene and takes accurately and consistently
• Applying LUTs and CDLs according to Production notes and instructions
• Creating database files and accurate tape notes for all events in the session and building the notes package that will be sent to the client
• Rendering and QC'ing editorial media
• Rendering and QC'ing viewing media (ex. QT's and DVD's)
• Uploading/transmission of all media created in the session as per project specific requirements
• Related duties as assigned by the Dailies Supervisors
Experience and Education:
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to troubleshoot problems effectively
• Demonstrated competence and understanding of video standards, file formats, and technical documents
• Certified and educated in studio security practices pertaining to major studio clients
• Demonstrated experience working in a highly secure media environment
• Exhibits a honed attention to auditory and visual details
• Ability to remain focused for extended periods of time on detail-oriented tasks
• Previous experience and knowledge working in dailies and experience using Colorfront EXD/OSD software
• Flexibility to different shifts may be required
This is a contracted full-time position. Rotating shift work including night and graveyard shifts, as well as overtime, may be required.