Method Games is currently looking for a talented Lighting Artist to join our Vancouver team.
• Working closely with Lighting Lead, Virtual Production Developer and VFX Supe to develop realistic lighting solutions.
• Help guide the look and feel of lighting for each project.
• Look development of CG assets and characters
• Helping to deliver solutions on integrating lighting setups into the existing pipelines.
• Taking notes on work and offering creative or technical solutions to problems where necessary
• Oversee and help optimize shots for rendering
• Translate 2D concepts and use a wide variety of lighting techniques to capture the vision laid out by the Art Director.
• Work in-engine and own both the technical and creative problem spaces.
• Understand game engines and artistic direction to tackle the challenges that will impact lighting.
• Communicate and collaborate with various departments.
• Experience with in-engine lighting techniques and solutions (Unreal, Unity, Lumberyard)
• Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
• Able to take directions and adaptable to change
• Good at improvising and problem-solving
• Excellent artistic skills, with a strong emphasis on real-world lighting/photography an asset
• Comfortable with delivering on an expedited schedule.