Manager, Studio Safety
Los Angeles, CA US
Manager, Studio Safety (UCAN)
Overview and Responsibilities
The Netflix Studio Safety Manager position serves as a Safety ambassador/mentor to productions and visitors to facilities where Netflix maintains a long-term occupancy, in the United States and Canada.
At present, that portfolio comprises properties in:
- Toronto, ON
- Vancouver, BC
- Albuquerque, NM
- Atlanta, GA
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY
In addition to providing on-site support for the development and implementation of Environmental, Safety and Health (EHS) programs at the Studio facilities, the Studio Safety Manager will fulfill the dual role of:
- Supporting both Netflix and third-party productions to comply with all applicable Environmental Management and Occupational Health and Safety regulations, rules, policies, and procedures.
- Supporting the development and implementation of Netflix global EHS procedures, best practices and training programs.
Responsibilities to include, but are not limited to:
Ongoing Studio EHS Program Support (for Netflix Productions)
• Supports the Netflix Studio Safety in the development and administration of the Safety Training Offerings in ''Netflix U'' and coordinates specialized safety training, as needed (e.g., Respiratory Protection, Aerial Lift Training, Forklifts, Exposure Control, Power Actuated Tools, Hazard Communication, etc.)
• Facilitates the ongoing development and administration of the Netflix Vendor/Contractor Program, to ensure Netflix standards for technical expertise and EHS compliance are met
• Based on feedback collected by the Anonymous Studio Hotline, responds to Studio-related complaints and/or identified potential environmental, health and safety hazards, in a timely manner
Ongoing Studio EHS Support (for Third-Party Productions)
• Assists Studio Operations and on-site studio management teams in verifying that all site-specific environmental, health and safety programs, permits and authorizations required for film production
• Responds to Studio-related complaints and/or identification of potential environmental, health and safety hazards, in a timely manner
Studio EHS Program Development/Implementation
• Develops applicable environmental, health and safety programs and materials (including Codes of Safe Practices and other information), as needed and/or requested by Studio/production personnel
• Ensures that on-site incidents and emergencies are immediately reported to Studio Operations and the Netflix Safety departments
• In conjunction with Netflix Legal, interprets local and regional environmental, health and safety rules, regulations, ordinances, and codes as they related to filmed entertainment production
• Represents Netflix Studio Operations and Planning on selected, locally-convened, industry trade group committees and task forces related to production safety and training, as appropriate
• Minimum 10+ years EHS experience applied to the filmed entertainment industry (e.g., studio safety, location management, special effects, etc.) OR
- 10+ years EHS experience in facilities management, construction or industry (including the development and/or implementation of bespoke EHS programs)
• Working knowledge of regional occupational safety and health and environmental regulatory requirements
• The ability to travel extensively (anticipated travel = 40% of time visiting studio sites and supervising growing roster of On-Site Safety Specialists and/or EHS vendors)
• Well-developed aptitude for simplifying complex technical information and conveying it to clients concisely, and with sufficient clarity, to facilitate binary decision-making
• Ability to work in a dynamic team, whose primary aim is to freely share knowledge, while expanding a vibrant global safety culture that encourages all to ''Netflix Safely''
• Demonstrated ability to write and implement safety programs and policies in a facilities management setting
• Ability to collaborate with all levels of Studio and Productions' Management and crews.
• Strong computer skills (e.g., Google Suite: Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.), leveraged to convey complex ideas with practiced ease