Des Moines, IA US
Des Moines is
ranked as one of America's best cities to live and raise a family.
Located in the heart of Iowa, KCCI-TV is the
lead source for the latest local headlines and live alerts. If you are
motivated by working with a talented award-winning team of professionals, look
no further! Best of all, you'll become part of Hearst Television, one of the
premier broadcast companies in the country.
KCCI-TV is seeking a part-time photographer with the ability to capture the essence of what's happening in the field, and then bring it vividly into the homes of our viewers. This member of our team will edit video for newscasts as well as shoot, edit and execute live shots out in the field. The winning candidate is also tech savvy and up-to-date on the most modern aspects of our medium. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and Samsung Galaxy S10e, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work to the station. Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Precis, CBS and CNN platforms are critical. An excellent eye for video and the highest journalistic standards are a must. If you have a can-do attitude, are quick acting, quicker thinking, and technically savvy, we want you working in our newsroom.
• Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs and packages for broadcast air and digital posts
• Working with the Assignment Desk and Reporters to cover daily stories.
• Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms
• Working with reporters and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
• Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
• Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
• Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary video.
• Will produce and publish content to our online platforms
• Must have computer and software experience.
• Previous newsroom experience preferred.
• Related military experience will be considered.
• Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
Operation on ENG trucks
• Can work in all weather conditions
operate large vehicles, must have a valid driver's license and a near-perfect driving record
• Exceptional ability to operate digital editing tools
organize and prioritize
• Must be a self-starter - someone who doesn't wait to be told what to do
• Ability to work under pressure, making quick decisions
• College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
• Equivalent military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) and associated experience will be considered.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site