Senior Director, Infrastructure Optimization
Seattle, WA US
We Are EA
And we make games - How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
Save the planet from Alien Invaders. Score the winning touchdown.
Yup - It's the coolest job on the planet!
The Challenge Ahead:
EA's Digital Platform (EADP) organization drives important technology decisions and investments for EA on a global basis, across all divisions and studio teams. Technology and engineering leadership at EA is essential to making the industry's best games and services and the EADP team is leading the way to providing the cross-platform infrastructure to keep our consumers connected with our games anytime, anywhere with anyone.
You will report to a Technical Director and will get exposed to many technologies and platform groups as well work with top-notch game studios around the world.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated Software Engineer to bring new client SDK capabilities that integrate video games with networked services. You will work with engineers and producers from server, game, and teams around the world, designing and supporting our technologies. You'll work as part of a team, engaged with game teams around the globe to provide outstanding innovation and performance on PlayStation, Xbox, PC, Nintendo, iOS, Android and new platforms as they emerge.
What a Software Engineer III does within EA's Digital Platform Division at EA:
• Design solutions to support our top Console, PC and Mobile games.
• Develop SDK APIs to support company-wide programs across the latest technologies.
• Collaborate to achieve high-quality cross-platform products in C++.
• Work with producers and engineers to design networked game and business features.
• Provide technical assistance and resolve integration issues with game developers.
• Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the company products.
• Document and test features to accelerate ease of use and simplify future maintenance of our technology.
• Mentor less experienced engineers.
The Next Great Software Engineer also needs to have:
• A bachelor's degree in computer science or Computer Engineering, MS preferred.
• 5+ years professional development experience programming with C/C++ preferred.
• SDK/Library/middleware development experience is preferred.
• Game Console, PC or mobile platform development experience is preferred.
• Understand software design principles.
• Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle, including requirements definition, specifications, development, test, product release, and sustaining engineering.
• Passion for good workflows and well designed software..
• Experience working with team members on a common codebase.
• Experience in connected application development preferred
What's In It For YOU? Glad You Asked!
We love to brag about our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match and, of course, free video games. And since we realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that is powered by creativity and individuality.
Our Seattle office resides in the heart of downtown Seattle's business core. Here, employees enjoy beautiful views of the Olympic Mountains and Puget Sound every day. When we're not at work, we're immersing ourselves in Seattle's fantastic music scene, restaurants and outdoor activities galore. We're also within walking distance of Pioneer Square.
You can check out the location here: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/seattle