Senior Product Designer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
REGARDING COVID-19: You will initially be a ''work from home'' position while our workspace is closed because of Covid-19. The expectation is that this will become an onsite role once our Seattle office re-opens
WE WANT YOUR BRAINS… PopCap is looking for, accomplished people with a passion for making the world's best games. What is in it for you? A super-fun environment, rewarding work, and lots of great perks. It takes big, delicious brains to make award-winning titles like Plants vs. Zombies, Bejeweled, and Peggle. Are you up for the challenge?
EA Seattle is looking for an Experience Design Director to join our successful team.
Join EA Mobile as our next Experience Design Director! - Create Your Career with Us!
At Electronic Arts we put our players first, and we are looking for creative game developers in the world to help us become the world's #1 mobile gaming company. Mobile is the future of our industry and the future of our company. As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that achieve seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass-casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
Our mobile team is growing fast, with 17 exciting studios around the world and a portfolio of blockbuster titles like Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, FIFA, Madden NFL Mobile, NBA, Real Racing, SimCity, The Sims FreePlay, and Plants vs. Zombies. Creativity, Collaboration, and Communication are what makes us tick as we prepare ourselves for massive amounts of growth and an incredible amount of fun. We want to engage our players and create the most entertaining mobile titles in the world.
We are looking for an Experience Design Director to work with creative leaders to inspire creativity and build compelling mobile experiences. Become part of a growing studio where you can shape the future of our UI/UX design culture.
What You Will Do:
• Reporting to our Art Director, you will build relationships with partners, game designers, product managers, and brand partners to set UI/UX design priorities and find balanced solutions for the player, business and technical goals.
• Conduct deep analysis of current products to develop a holistic view, guide UI/UX design strategy and identify areas of impact to enhance the player experience.
• Translate data, competitive analysis, and partner feedback into relevant UX design goals.
• Establish UX and UI guidelines, design principles, and best practices such as heuristic evaluations/usability standards, archetype development, experience journey maps, prototyping, and coordination with our user testing partners.
• Guide the creation of systems to support UI scalability,, and consistency
• Drive UX & UI deliverables for a distributed design team by setting direction, identifying priorities, assigning resources, tracking progress, and critiquing UI/UX designs for quality.
• Lead junior and senior UI/UX designers to bring out their best work and grow their capabilities.
What You Will Need:
• 7+ years of UI/UX experience with at least 2 years leading a team. Must have mobile game development experience.
• Working knowledge of the fundamentals-interaction design, visual design, brand application, prototyping, and design thinking process-with an appetite for learning new technologies
• The ability to present and rationalize UI/UX design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
• Experience designing complex consumer-facing entertainment or social products.
• A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release with mobile examples.
• Expert knowledge of mobile UX design patterns and heuristics.
• Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis.