Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA US
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We are seeking an intermediate level Gameplay Programmer. If you love writing code and collaborating with the designers to create genre-defining games, come join our team!
The ideal candidate understands game design, champions the player experience and has the technical knowledge to bring those ideas to life through gameplay features and systems.
• Design, implement, and maintain systems and tools to support gameplay (animation, AI, combat, camera, core tech, etc.)
• Collaborate with designers and other programmers as needed
• Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
• Profile and optimize to remove bottlenecks
• Test and document code produced
• Support tools and technology as needed for specific project requirements
• B.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience
• Minimum three years of professional programming experience
• Good understanding of what makes a game fun and interesting to play
• Expertise in C and C++
• Strong programming generalist with a passion for learning
• Proficient in linear algebra, matrix and vector math used in games
• Excellent spoken and written communication
• Able and motivated to work with other team members
• Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
• Specialist in other game programming areas (audio, effects, networking, etc.)
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of autonomy and opportunities for growth.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. We genuinely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in Santa Monica Studio.
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site