Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
The ''entry'' level non-managing Stage Manager position supporting Studio production activities. Practice and maintain the performance standards set forth in the Studio Directing handbook as they apply to leadership, communication, operations, personal development and productions, and consistently perform all of the duties and functions required of the role. Demonstrate strong leadership qualities in all interactions and decisions. Copy and distribute the rundown to the control room and studio crew and identify any potential concerns in the rundown. Direct traffic in the studio and keep accurate time cues. Ensure that all sets are in place and that production positions are staffed. Anticipate, and troubleshoot if necessary, problems that may arise in the studio during a production and alert the Director to any of these potential issues. Communicate any rundown changes and how they may affect camera blocking and talent positions in the studio.
• SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Work with the Director assigned to productions to assemble and prepare the elements of each show.
• Oversee an assigned studio; ensure that the assigned Director has all materials and equipment needed to direct each assigned show; ensure that sets are in place and working; ensure that needed production positions are staffed and that approved schedules are met.
• Participate in pre-production activities.
• Coordinate with and ensure the availability of assigned talent / analysts / guests.
• Assist the assigned Director with studio floor management activities; control the live or live-to-tape aspects of assigned productions.
• Identify and report problems with sets or production staff members to the appropriate organization unit; follow-up to ensure the resolution of identified studio operations problems.
• Operate under close and frequent supervision within the context of precisely defined directing standard operating procedures.
• Conduct routine assignments with little anticipation of outcomes or problems.
• Work is checked regularly for accuracy and completeness.
• Liaise with Supervising Director on operations related items.
• General understanding of technical infrastructure and contacts to expediate restoration of broadcast levels and workflow.
• On site representative of ESPN and point of contact for ABC management, ESPN talent and productions in both, Bristol and Washington.
• ROLE IN CREATIVITY
• May make minor adjustments to sets and equipment.
• POLICY / STRATEGY POSITIONING
• Ensure compliance of assigned tasks with established Studio Operations standards operating procedures.
• Identify problems with sets or production staff; determine the appropriate person to alert to ensure the resolution of identified studio operations problems.
• ANALYSIS AND PROBLEM SOLVING
• Apply limited analytical and technical skills to executing assigned tasks.
• May resolve routine problems with sets or with staff / talent.
• INTERPRETATION OF INFORMATION
• May interpret highly routine information.
• FINANCIAL RESULTS / OUTCOMES
• Contribute to achieving personal work efficiencies.
• COMMUNICATION / INTERACTIONS
• Coordinate and interact with talent on assigned shows.
• Interact with counterparts in other departments that support studio productions.
• Has fundamental proficiency with studio production processes and equipment.
• Typically, incumbent has 1- to 3-years of studio production or related experience.
• Management experience
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field