Full Time Job
Senior Server Software Engineer
- Full Time
- Senior (5-10 years) Experience
Sr. Game Server Engineer (EA Studios, Mobile/Maxis Central Tech Team)
We Are EA
And we make games! How cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is not easy. That's why we employ the most creative and passionate people in the industry.
What you'll do...
• Develop ultra-fast, massively scalable, highly available game servers and services supporting many games.
• Implement security best practices and original techniques to keep user data secure and prevent cheating.
• Apply and improve server deployment and troubleshooting strategies that maximize uptime.
• Own the ''big picture'' and work with team members to align efforts.
• Mentor other developers, review their work and make recommendations for improvement.
Ideally, you have...
• A desire to create scalable game servers and services using modern tech for modern games.
• Top-notch programming skills – preference for experienced Java developers, but we hold nothing against other languages.
• Respect for skilled hackers and a healthy level of paranoia that drives your security-centric approach..
• 5+ years of experience with technical leadership.
• Broad experience with some of the following:
• Frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot)
• Build tools (e.g, Gradle, SBT, Maven)
• Static analysis tools (e.g., Coverity, Sonar, PMD)
• Test frameworks (e.g., JUnit, TestNG, Spring)
• Linux scripting (e.g., Bash, Python, Groovy)
• Prior experience with Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
• Linux Systems Administration and/or scripting experience
• Familiarity with any of the following:
• Social APIs / 3rd Party SDK Integration
• Redis / Memcached data caching solutions
• Kotlin / JVM based languages
Electronic ArtsElectronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. EA develops and delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, mobile devices and personal computers.
External Application Page
The application for this position is hosted at the Employer's site. Click on the button below to open the application page in a new tab in your browser.Apply at Employer's Site