Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Salary: Up to £45k Depending on experience
Location: Full remote working/Hybrid/Office based (Sheffield)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our rapidly expanding Research and Development team, helping to provide creative, innovative and quality driven software at what is a very exciting time for ZOO.
ZOO Digital supports major Hollywood studios and streaming services to globalize their content and reach audiences everywhere, by providing world-leading, technology-enabled localization and media services.
Clients include major Hollywood studios and streaming services, like Disney, Netflix, NBCUniversal, Paramount, Facebook, Sony, and HBO, among others.
ZOO offers the end-to-end services needed to securely create digital distribution packages in all languages and for all distribution platforms; services include dubbing, subtitling and captioning, audio description, metadata localization, artwork localization and media processing.
Alongside this, ZOO also provides its customers with management platforms and strategic solutions to support their own internal globalization operations. For more information, visit www.zoodigital.com.
We've experienced high demand for our services during the pandemic and grown substantially over the last Year. Due to further growth in the business, we are now looking to hire a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing company. This recruitment phase almost doubling the R&D team in the last year.
• Design, develop and execute performance test strategies and plans
• Research, define and implement performance management practices
• Identify, record, document, and track performance issues
• Monitor manual and automated performance tests including analysis, scalability, and application profiling
• Collaborate with DevOps and development to produce performance dashboards across all products
• Design, develop and produce application performance reports to leads and senior management
• Drive efficiency, quality, and performance
Knowledge and Skills
• Experience in a commercial testing role in Web based environments
• Experience and detailed knowledge of non-functional testing
• Ability to apply, design and develop performance testing strategies and roadmaps
• Experience with performance, load and stress test creation from scratch (JMeter etc)
• Creating and maintaining performance monitoring, metrics, and reports
• Experience in SQL scripting and data visualisation tools
• Ability to report to team leads and senior management
• Ability to assess performance of products, highlighting improvements
• Experience in creating and implementing test automation from scratch (Python, Cypress)
• Knowledge of UI testing frameworks (Selenium, Cypress)
• Knowledge of Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager
• Ability to work in a team or on your own
• Demonstrates initiative
• Proactive approach to work
• Ability to promote quality throughout the company
• Ability to deliver uncompromised quality during tight deadlines
Benefits & Rewards
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which include:
• Flexi time
• Pension scheme
• Free city centre parking
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
• Reward and Benefits Portal – ZOOPerks
• A day a month assigned to professional development
• Unlimited access to over 3,500 courses on Udemy for business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4xo47-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.
Since 2001, we showcase, localize and distribute the movies and TV shows the world wants to see. All powered by awesomeness. We help Hollywood studios, global broadcasters, online retailers and independent distributors reach audiences everywhere. Securely and efficiently. We combine our world-class cloud technology with amazing client teams in the UK and US, some of the most talented in-territory translators in the industry and a growing network of trusted local partners - to deliver awesome results for our clients.