Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Remote / Virtual
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 doe
Location: Full remote working/Hybrid/Office based (Sheffield)
Welcome to ZOO Digital
We are partners to the biggest names in global entertainment. Our mission is to make their lives easier and help them share their stories with the world. Our services, solutions and technologies transform the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy. Our clients include Disney, Netflix, HBO and Facebook.
Join ZOO Digital Labs
ZOO Digital Labs is our dedicated R&D innovation centre in the heart of Sheffield, UK. Its award-winning team is made up of some of the smartest thinkers in entertainment. Innovation comes as standard at ZOO Digital Labs.
Working alongside clients such as Disney and Apple, complex media content challenges are tackled every single day, by a team that is dedicated to finding smarter and better ways of doing things. Together, they create the software platforms, tools and technologies that help the world's greatest content creators share their stories with audiences everywhere. Faster, smarter and better than ever before.
ZOO has experienced unprecedented levels of growth in the last 12 months and now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager to enhance its product management team and make an immediate impact in a busy department.
Reporting to the VP of Product Management, you will help to plan, organise and control the ZOO product line through the product life cycle. You will enjoy a high level of responsibility and accountability, shaping product vision, plans and strategy by analysing key customer needs and market trends and identifying and prioritising features and services. Working in a cross-functional environment, you will champion the product and represent the end-user/customer in all product discussions.
In the role, you will be responsible for collecting and defining product requirements, from which you will be required to create user stories for new products and product updates. This will involve close liaison with customers and, when applicable, visiting them in the UK and abroad. Your ability to travel to countries such as the US is essential. You will coordinate with all groups to ensure the timely development of products and successful product releases. You will be one of ZOO's product experts from the perspective of the user and will evangelise the products both internally and externally.
To support the product development, you will own the creation of product information for the products that you will be managing. This includes help, user manuals and training courses. You will also assist in the usability testing of the products.
• Act as one of ZOO's primary contact points for all matters relating to ZOO products; identify, define and communicate the short- and long-term vision for the products.
• Perform product validation with existing and potential customers as well as the sales team to arrive at concise business need documentation, translating general business requirements into detailed and well-organized product requirements in the form of user stories, with preliminary GUI content/design and data requirements where necessary.
• Assist in the collection of product requirements from customers, sales, marketing, software development and software support to improve user experience and product functionality. Analyse and prioritise these requirements based on their business value. Assist in refining business requirements during the product development life cycle including review of detailed design and technical information.
• Coordinate and maintain pertinent product milestone dates and work with Software Development, Project Management and others to coordinate delivery/availability of products.
• Participate in the analysis, design, specification and development of documentation and information systems for software products and services.
• Support senior staff with research, development, and presentation of new product concepts to gain timely management approval, and handling of issues for product feature/function set to enhance sales opportunities.
• Act as liaison between Sales, Marketing and Software Development; extract technical product information and effectively disseminate it to Sales, Marketing, influencers and partners.
• Maintain current, up-to-date knowledge of ZOO products/solutions, industry needs, competitive products and strategies, customer needs, and overall technology trends for continued product/solution evolution and new product/solution planning.
• Maintain strategic relationships with partners, vendors and internal and external customers regarding current product usability and future product needs.
• Maintain current status of customer requirements for existing and future products and proactively seek user feedback in order to improve application design and deployment.
• Provide Marketing and Sales support by working with the respective teams to create content for product marketing deliverables and other marketing communications activities to help ensure the appropriate positioning for the products.
• Assist in pre- and post-sales activity, including demos to prospects, trade shows, media events, and conference participation.
• You will be involved in additional duties generally appropriate to your role that may occur from time to time as required by the management team.
• Three years product management experience in a software development environment
• Definition of requirements for software products and/or websites
• Ability to within a product development team to tight deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience of both Windows PC and Apple Mac
• Experience in design packages such as Adobe XD
• Ui/UX design for software products and/or websites
• Creation of user documentation and training
Knowledge and Skills
• Have a full understanding of the project life cycle
• Ability to review customer workflows and design products around them
• Technically forward thinking
• Great presentation skills
• Experience of working on web projects
• Knowledge of agile software development processes such as SCRUM
• Flexible and proactive approach to work
• Ability to work with global teams
• Must have the ability to travel abroad as needed.
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which include:
• Flexi time
• Pension scheme
• Free city centre parking
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
• Reward and Benefits Portal - ZOOPerks
• Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for business
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb705-3-235-60-144-42 in your application.
Since 2001, we showcase, localize and distribute the movies and TV shows the world wants to see. All powered by awesomeness. We help Hollywood studios, global broadcasters, online retailers and independent distributors reach audiences everywhere. Securely and efficiently. We combine our world-class cloud technology with amazing client teams in the UK and US, some of the most talented in-territory translators in the industry and a growing network of trusted local partners - to deliver awesome results for our clients.