Location: El Segundo, hybrid working options
We are partners to the biggest names in global entertainment. Our mission is to make their lives easier and help them share their stories with the world. Our services, solutions and technologies transform the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy. Our clients include Disney, Netflix, HBO and Facebook.
ZOO has experienced unprecedented levels of growth in the last 12 months and now has an exciting opportunity for a PR and Events Manager to support our ambitious growth plans. You'll be part of a small and dynamic Global Marketing team reporting to the Head of Marketing.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at our award-winning company which is made up of some of the smartest thinkers in entertainment.
At ZOO, we help our clients to share their stories and content with audiences everywhere. As PR and Events Manager, you will help share ZOO's stories of creativity and innovation with our own global audience.
The successful PR and Events Manager will shape and deliver ZOO's global PR and events strategy, with the objective of increasing awareness of ZOO as a leading globalization services provider to the media and entertainment industry. They will be responsible for building media relations with key journalists and influencers, producing press releases and other content, sourcing event and speaking opportunities and evaluating the success of all PR campaigns and events activities.
In this new role for the business, we are looking for a proactive individual who will lead ZOO's approach to global PR and events and build on the work done by ZOOs previous PR agency.
• Create and deliver PR strategies and campaigns to increase brand awareness and heighten the reputation of the ZOO brand
• Research, write and distribute press releases, by-lines and thought leadership articles, working closely with our Content Marketing Manager
• Manage media relations with contacts at key publications and organizations
• Propose events for ZOO to attend, sponsor or exhibit at. Manage the logistics working alongside the Marketing Operations Manager. Evaluate the success of such events
• Source speaking opportunities for members of Team ZOO at relevant conferences, panels, workshops and webinars. Prepare and coach selected speakers ahead of their appearance
• Take the lead on selecting and entering suitable awards for the ZOO Digital Group and members of Team ZOO, producing submissions alongside the Content Marketing Manager
The successful applicant will be a rising talent in PR and events, an excellent communicator and have a passion for sharing stories and thought leadership with the media and entertainment industry. They should be a self-starter and someone that relishes the challenge and opportunity this position provides.
• 2-3 years in a similar role within the media and entertainment industry
• Experience in strategic PR planning
• Experience delivering a global PR and events plan
• Experience generating networking opportunities at events and tradeshows
• Established relationships with key members across the US-based M+E media landscape
• Proven experience of successfully pitching content campaigns to key publications
Skills and requirements
• Ability to work independently and manage own workload and priorities
• Ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders across multiple geographies and functions within the ZOO Digital Group
• Excellent copywriting skills to produce high quality press releases and other PR content
• Proven ability to build productive relationships with key journalists and industry influencers
• Ability to attend infrequent global events alongside ZOO team spokespeople and network with industry leaders
• Experience localizing PR campaigns for non-English speaking audiences is an advantage
We employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. Along with a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits which include:
Medical, Dental, Vision
STD, LTD, Life Insurance
Share Save Plan
Membership Discount at Bay Clubs
Unlimited access to over 5,000 courses on Udemy for business
Life at ZOO is pretty special – and sharing heart-stopping moments and beloved characters with the world is only part of it. We embrace variety and celebrate diversity. We elevate each other to be the best we can be. So, step into our world. A world where talent and technology combine to solve challenges today and in the future. A world where people look at things differently to anticipate what's next.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvowej-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.