WELCOME TO ZOO
ZOO Digital are an award-winning cloud software company with offices in Sheffield, London, LA, and Dubai. We help the biggest names in global entertainment to reach audiences everywhere with our high-quality localization and media services, adapting original TV and movie content for different languages, regions, and cultures.
Our Mission: To help our clients share their stories, by adapting the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy.
Our Clients: Major Hollywood studios and streaming services, like Disney, Netflix, NBC Universal, Paramount, Facebook, Sony, and HBO, among others.
Our Services: Dubbing, subtitling and captioning, audio description, metadata localization, artwork localization and media processing.
ZOO Digital's state of the art technology services are backed by the award-winning bespoke software created by our ever-growing Research & Development team, ZOO Digital Labs. The team create cutting edge software solutions to supercharge our services and make our customers' lives easier. To find out more, visit https://www.zoodigital.com/
ABOUT THE ROLE
Location: Sheffield/hybrid remote working
Due to continued expansion, ZOO Digital is currently seeking a Junior Project Manager to join our award-winning Research & Development team. ZOO's R&D team work closely with the Product Support Team to create cutting edge software solutions for high profile and industry-leading customers. Our R&D department is thriving – you will work as part of a dynamic, lively team with plenty of opportunities for progression and professional development.
As Junior Project Manager, you will manage work allocations of the project tasks and future plans. You will contribute to project management processes and tools across the product range.
Working in an agile development environment, the Junior Project Manager will collaborate with the team to create project plans, allocate appropriate tasks to engineers, and maintain and monitor a project schedule that meets project deadlines.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
• Contributing to project planning meetings
• Ensuring allocation of appropriate tasks to engineers.
• Conducting daily team meetings to ensure the team understands the sprint goals, timelines and risks.
• Ensuring a sufficient allocation of work and that priorities are being followed.
• Managing deviation with effective corrective measures, ensure key stakeholders are informed of deviations.
• Developing and maintaining a project roadmap/s for visibility of department workload.
• Overall responsibility for ensuring task planning, estimation, scheduling of sprints/releases is conducted.
• Challenging estimates and evaluating engineers' capabilities for on time delivery.
• Responsible for gathering estimates for ad hoc features and user stories.
• Ensuring all project management tools are up to date with the latest information.
• Providing updates to monthly management reports.
• Contributing to the allocation of work to temporary, part time and seconded staff where necessary.
As a Junior Project Manager, you contribute to the following:
• Analyse and pro-actively manage project risk and issues.
• Leverage agile ways of working.
• Define, document and ensure the participation in the project management process.
• Review tools and working practices and identify better ways of working.
• An ability to change pace very quickly and multi-task.
• A readiness to reply to request for supporting owned products.
• Attending project and planning meetings as required.
• Define and implement standards and best practice.
• Balance the need to release products on time and to the right quality.
• Work in close partnership with cross-functional teams and management.
• Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
• Gather feedback from teams to determine changes to process.
• Work alongside 3rd party companies/institutions to determine and action their needs.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are keen to hear from applicants with experience working within a Software Engineering environment, as well as previous experience working within project management.
We are also looking for applicants with the following experience;
• An understanding of/experience of Agile methodologies, ideally scrum and kanban, is preferred, but not essential.
• An understanding of/experience of working with Software Engineering processes is preferred, but not essential.
• An understanding of/experience of working with Project Management Tools, gantt charts and roadmaps is preferred, but not essential.
• Multi tasker, ability to switch and change pace as demands require.
• Excellent communication skills
• Problem solver
• Analytical thinker
• Well organised
• Attention to detail
• Willing to learn
WHY CHOOSE ZOO?
Our technology is constantly evolving, so there's never a dull moment with ZOO! Our team is made up of creatives, innovators, linguists, and collaborators from all corners of the world, and we employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. Along with a competitive salary, we also offer excellent company benefits, which include;
• Flexi time
• Westfield Health & Westfield Rewards
• Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for Business
• Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. For further details on what it's like to work for us, please visit our company Glassdoor page - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-ZOO-Digital-Group-EI_IE12459.11,28.htm
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqb02x-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.