WELCOME TO ZOO
ZOO Digital are an award-winning cloud software company with offices in LA, Dubai, London and Sheffield UK. We help the biggest names in global entertainment to reach audiences everywhere with our high-quality localization and media services, adapting original TV and movie content for different languages, regions, and cultures.
Our Mission: To help our clients share their stories, by adapting the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy.
Our Clients: Major Hollywood studios and streaming services, like Disney, Netflix, NBC Universal, Paramount, Facebook, Sony, and HBO, among others.
Our Services: Dubbing, subtitling and captioning, audio description, metadata localization, artwork localization and media processing.
ZOO Digital's state of the art technology services are backed by the award-winning bespoke software created by our ever-growing Research & Development team, ZOO Digital Labs. The team create cutting edge software solutions to supercharge our services and make our customers' lives easier. To find out more, visit https://www.zoodigital.com/
ABOUT THE ROLE
Location: El Segundo, CA
Due to continued expansion, ZOO Digital are currently seeking an IT Systems Administrator to join their team based in El Segundo, CA. The IT team provides around the clock technical support to a wide range of ZOO Digital departments, covering the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of essential business systems and equipment. You'll work within a supportive and progressive team with plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development - ZOO Digital's technology is constantly evolving!
As IT Systems Administrator, you'll work closely with the Director of IT to maintain a large, complex, multi-site infrastructure of more than 200 computers and upwards of 200 users. Working with various project teams within ZOO Digital, you will help to resolve technical issues during planning an implementation phases. ZOO Digital encourages progression, and so within the project lifecycle, you will explore innovative new solutions by undertaking technical research, development, analysis, and design. The IT Systems Administrator will then support operations staff in executing, testing, and rolling out solutions, smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
• Working closely and collaboratively with other support engineers to ensure that various server management tools and alarm activities are current, in order to minimize server downtime
• Working with technical support personnel, both internal and external (vendors), to provide fast resolutions for users on desktop/server related issues
• Records and manages incidents in appropriate problem management tools, being sure to follow up and ensure that resolutions are implemented
• Participate in after-hours and weekend on call support rotation for end user computers, network, and servers
• Assist in configuring and maintaining Linux servers
• Asist in analysing, installing, configuring, troubleshooting and administering Windows 2008/2012/2019 servers
• Collaborates with other support staff to ensure high availability of Microsoft Network, including but not limited to, email, file servers, SQL servers, Backup and SAN
• Evaluate and install new software releases, system upgrades, patches, and resolve software-related problems
• Manage Active Directory, DNS,DHCP, Event Logs, and security-related tools
• Build, install, configure, troubleshoot, and administer servers/SAN/NAS
• Test and implement strategies and procedures for keeping desktops, laptops, and servers current with the latest security patches and anti-virus updates
• Provide desktop, phone and remote support to all staff members, assist in Helpdesk related tasks.
All on site ZOO employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and must provide CDC verification of their vaccination status as part of the onboarding process before starting.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The IT Systems Administrator will work closely with and deputise for the Director of IT, so previous experience gained within technical support and troubleshooting is essential. Strong organisational and communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to identify and resolve technical issues whilst providing quality customer care.
As ZOO Digital are Linux users, the successful candidate must have 4+ years of experience working with Linux, as well as the experience below;
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• CompTIA A+ , Network+, Security+ , Linux + certification preferred.
• CCNA or MCSE 2008 or above certification preferred.
• 2+ years in VMWare Microsoft servers and networks.
• 4+ years in Linux OS
• Knowledge of Postproduction software such as Pro Tools, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
• Experience in moves, adds, or changes in Windows or UNIX domains and/or phone systems.
• Experience in Windows 2008 or above, Active Directory, DNS & DHCP
• Experience in network including knowledge of troubleshooting HP Aruba switches.
• Strong working knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 service and Active Directory design and implementation
WHY CHOOSE ZOO?
Our technology is constantly evolving, so there's never a dull moment with ZOO! Our team is made up of creatives, innovators, linguists, and collaborators from all corners of the world, and we employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. Along with a competitive salary, we also offer excellent company benefits, which include;
Unlimited access to over 5,000 courses on Udemy for business
Medical, Dental, Vision
STD, LTD, Life Insurance
Share Save Plan
Membership Discount at Bay Clubs
We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. For further details on what it's like to work for us, please visit our company Glassdoor page -https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-ZOO-Digital-Group-EI_IE12459.11,28.htm
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1zbbe-18-207-157-152-42 in your application.