WELCOME TO ZOO
ZOO Digital are an award-winning cloud software company with offices in Sheffield, London, LA, and Dubai. We help the biggest names in global entertainment to reach audiences everywhere with our high-quality localization and media services, adapting original TV and movie content for different languages, regions, and cultures.
Our Mission: To help our clients share their stories, by adapting the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy.
Our Clients: Major Hollywood studios and streaming services, like Disney, Netflix, NBC Universal, Paramount, Facebook, Sony, and HBO, among others.
Our Services: Dubbing, subtitling and captioning, audio description, metadata localization, artwork localization and media processing.
ZOO Digital's state of the art technology services are backed by the award-winning bespoke software created by our ever-growing Research & Development team, ZOO Digital Labs. The team create cutting edge software solutions to supercharge our services and make our customers' lives easier. To find out more, visit https://www.zoodigital.com/
ABOUT THE ROLE
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Location: Sheffield/hybrid remote working
Due to continued expansion, ZOO Digital are currently seeking an Instructional Designer to join ZOO Academy. ZOO Academy is using industry-leading, cloud-based technology to help equip, educate and elevate future generations.
As Instructional Designer, you will support the creation and delivery of engaging learning activities, working with subject matter experts to developer learning materials for use in courses.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
• Working with content experts and trainers to produce high-quality learning materials through the development of a blueprint for the delivery of the courses
• Assist content experts and trainers with the development and production of their content for an eLearning platform to a high standard
• Create instructional graphics, media, supporting materials (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.), exercises and activities that optimize learning and enhance the learning process as required
• Producing effective and interactive eLearning content using authoring tools whilst integrating emerging instructional methods and technologies into eLearning
• Support creation of training documentation that meets requirements
• Support building and authoring of the trainer's courses on the LMS platform used by ZOO Academy
• Support maintenance of the platform on a regular basis, including updating coursework in a timely manner
• Work with the LMS platform's technical support to troubleshoot problems reported by end users and trainers
• Serve as administrator for the hosted LMS platform and manage user enrolments at all levels
• Support the roll-out of new courses and plan realistic deadlines for delivery of content
• Collate feedback from participants and use it to support the trainer in refining existing courses
• Provide support to ZOO Academy's partners by assisting their usage of ZOO's platforms
• Assist with the training of instructors, students, and employees on using the selected learning platform
• Keep current on best practices in instructional design and media localization
• Evaluate and recommend new ed-tech tools as required
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Instructional Designer role is key to the development of ZOO Academy, so we are looking for experienced and professional applicants with strong backgrounds in Learning & Development. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, with excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage priorities effectively.
As well as experience with instructional design and lesson and curriculum planning, we are looking for applicants with the following skills and experience;
• Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• Excellent knowledge and experience using ed-tech tools/apps (like screen capture tools; video editing platforms; authoring tools)
• Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts
• Excellent organisational skills including ability to manage time and prioritise effectively
• Personal resilience and the capacity to work effectively
• Ability to deal with confidential information and maintain confidentiality is essential
• The ability to work independently and problem solve
• Ability to work well under pressure to deadlines
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Understanding web site design best practices and basic HTML authoring skills
• Solid knowledge of course development software including learning management systems and ed-tech authoring tools
• Visual design skills
• Audio/Video editing skills
• Bachelor's degree in the field of instructional design, educational technology or similar preferred; Master's degree a plus
• Experience as a classroom instructor a plus
WHY CHOOSE ZOO?
Our technology is constantly evolving, so there's never a dull moment with ZOO! Our team is made up of creatives, innovators, linguists, and collaborators from all corners of the world, and we employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. Along with a competitive salary, we also offer excellent company benefits, which include;
• Flexi time
• Reward and Benefits Portal – ZOOPerks, including discounts from many high street retailers
• Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for Business
• Pension scheme
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. For further details on what it's like to work for us, please visit our company Glassdoor page - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-ZOO-Digital-Group-EI_IE12459.11,28.htm
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm92mx-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.