WELCOME TO ZOO
ZOO Digital are an award-winning cloud software company with offices in Sheffield, London, LA, and Dubai. We help the biggest names in global entertainment to reach audiences everywhere with our high-quality localization and media services, adapting original TV and movie content for different languages, regions, and cultures.
Our Mission: To help our clients share their stories, by adapting the world's most watched TV shows and movies into new formats and languages for international audiences to enjoy.
Our Clients: Major Hollywood studios and streaming services, like Disney, Netflix, NBC Universal, Paramount, Facebook, Sony, and HBO, among others.
Our Services: Dubbing, subtitling and captioning, audio description, metadata localization, artwork localization and media processing.
ZOO Digital's state of the art technology services are backed by the award-winning bespoke software created by our ever-growing Research & Development team, ZOO Digital Labs. The team create cutting edge software solutions to supercharge our services and make our customers' lives easier. To find out more, visit https://www.zoodigital.com/
ABOUT THE ROLE
Salary: £65,000 DOE
Location: Sheffield/hybrid remote working
Due to continued expansion, ZOO Digital are currently seeking a Dev Ops Engineer to join their team. ZOO's Dev Ops team combines software and programme development with IT Operations, working together to oversee the lifecycle of ZOO's ongoing technical projects from conception, through to design and development, implementation, and product support. You'll work within a supportive and progressive team with plenty of opportunities for professional and personal development - ZOO Digital's technology is constantly evolving!
As Dev Ops Engineer, you will be a key member of the internal Information Technology team, taking responsibility for commissioning, installing, and maintaining the key IT infrastructure within ZOO. You will develop and maintain systems and processes, support application development, and collaborate with leaders of the Web and Software development teams to maintain the systems, software, and infrastructure necessary to support web application development and deployment in cloud environments.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
• Implementing failover techniques that mitigate geographic and single point of failure vulnerabilities. Such as load balancing etc.
• Implementing monitoring of platforms and infrastructure to ensure services operate robustly.
• Taking a key role in projects; design, specify and implement innovative software solutions to business issues
• Helping to define and apply industry best practices around the development of robust applications
• Implementing industry specific integrations to support business processes.
• Possessing and applying technical knowledge of technologies used in the business such as Django, python, JS etc
• Contributing to the development and use of development processes such as bug tracking, source control, agile etc.
• Understanding application and data security in a cloud deployment context.
• Understanding of web application and hosted database security, common threats and response strategies.
• Contributing to the design and implementation of systemic disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
• Testing an applications security stance and provide recommendations to improve and defects found.
• Understanding intrusion detection techniques and third-party penetration testing.
• Contribute to the definition of DR procedures ensuring business continuity.
• Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities. Researching and recommending innovative approaches.
• Identifying and contributing to the creation of best practices, packaged offerings, white papers, workshops, etc.
• Maintaining current knowledge on new industry trends, technologies, and software development
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The Dev Ops Engineer will form a key part of ZOO's IT team, therefore we are looking for a skilled and experienced candidate with a high calibre of technical ability. Troubleshooting and problem solving skills are essential, as the Dev Op Engineer will configure and debug running applications to provide robust systems that are tolerant to faults. As well as indepth programming knowledge, the DevOps Engineer must also have the following experience;
• AWS administration (2 years+)
• Python development (web frameworks Django would be a plus)
• Deployment & maintenance of Web Applications
• Linux – Ubuntu preferable
• Ability to write scripts and code to build tools / automate tasks
• Continuous integration & deployment tools & techniques
• Some Infrastructure coding tools e.g., CloudFormation
• Serverless compute platforms such as AWS Lambda
• Docker and container orchestration tools such as Amazon ECS
• Database management & optimisation
• Networking such as DNS/ACLs/TCP/UDP
• Monitoring tools & strategies
• Load/performance testing
• Whole stack security techniques (application to infrastructure)
• Highly scalable cloud infrastructure architectural practices
WHY CHOOSE ZOO?
Our technology is constantly evolving, so there's never a dull moment with ZOO! Our team is made up of creatives, innovators, linguists, and collaborators from all corners of the world, and we employ the brightest and most original thinkers in our industry. Along with a competitive salary, we also offer excellent company benefits, which include;
• Flexi time
• Reward and Benefits Portal – ZOOPerks, including discounts from many high street retailers
• Unlimited access to over 5000 courses on Udemy for Business
• Pension scheme
• Free city centre parking
• 25 days holiday
• Free fruit and snacks
• Staff Socials
We value all the folks that make ZOO a great place to work. For further details on what it's like to work for us, please visit our company Glassdoor page - https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-ZOO-Digital-Group-EI_IE12459.11,28.htm
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwxvw-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.