This position is based in Vancouver. All applicants must reside in British Columbia.
We are seeking an experienced Post Vis / Creative Layout Artist, for our Vancouver studio. This is a project-based position working on a variety of projects. The Post Vis / Creative Layout Artist, reports to the Head of Digital and project VFX Supervisors as required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Generalist background with an emphasis on shot composition, camera animation and layout. They will be responsible for bringing to life our clients vision through use of composition, camera movement, light, style, colour palettes etc. for hero & establishing shots. Good communication skills and collaborative traits are mandatory.
- Review scripts and storyboards and/or attend kick-offs to understand creative intent of shot/sequence.
- Create final camera/layout, blocking for animation, lighting and effects that meet the creative needs of the shot and show while ensuring that the technical needs of the pipeline are met.
- Provide multiple iterations of a shot/sequence to assist Directors in determining the best layout and camera movement that will meet the shot’s objectives
- Model basic geo to populate layout as needed to achieve the compositional needs of shots.
- Create/acquire and maintain a library of quick use temporary light assets to aid in developing quick iterations of layouts.
- Collaborate with Matte Painting to aid in determining best methodology to achieve the desired shot.
- Collaborate with Supervisors to establish methodology and asset dependencies required to complete the assigned work.
- Attend kick offs, dailies, and other meetings as required.
- Aid with design and development of tools to help standardize and create procedure for camera and layout
- Generate renders for approval
- Ensure shot continuity is maintained.
- Contribute to positive work environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in variety of 3D Generalist roles within a VFX studio with at least 3 of those years in a Post Vis/Camera Layout specific role.
- Traditional knowledge of physical lensing, rigs and DOP skills as applied to shot creation.
- Experience with spline and key frame animation of cameras in 3D space.
- Ability to aesthetically design an environment or shot including placement of trees, debris, buildings, etc.
- Work with team members and departments to address notes
- Work to ensure internal and external deadlines and deliveries are met with assigned hours
- Share knowledge and techniques with team members to improve overall team skills and asset quality.
- Senior level experience in Maya.
- Extensive experience with Motion Builder.
- Experience creating slap comps in order to review work
- Experience in Nuke
- Experience in Houdini an asset
- Experience in Unreal Engine or wilingness to learn a must
- Knowledge in either VUE or Terragen as asset but not required
- Experience in Zbrush, Mari and/or Mudbox an asset
- Experience in hard surface modelling including; architecture, vehicles etc.
- Past Experience with Shotgun
- Excellent communication skills in English; both written and verbal.
- Able to resolve conflicts or issues with team members in positive manner.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment.
- Self-starter in terms of personal development/skills expansion.
- Ability to trouble shoot technical and creative issues.
- Positive attitude and flexible schedule.
- Must showcase an up-to-date demo reel demonstrating listed skills to required level.
- Must be able to Work from Home
Permanent Residents and Canadian only, please.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy779m-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.