Fast-paced, dynamic, and proactive, YouTube's Trust & Safety team is dedicated to making YouTube a safe place for users, viewers, and content creators around the world to belong, create, and express themselves. Whether understanding and solving their online content concerns, navigating within global legal frameworks, or writing and enforcing worldwide policy, the Trust & Safety team is on the frontlines of enhancing the YouTube experience, building internet safety, and protecting free speech in our ever-evolving digital world.
As a Suicide and Self Harm Policy Enforcement Manager, you'll be responsible for working end-to-end with global teams to prevent violent content from appearing on the site, and build a safer online experience for all users around the world. You are a key player in ensuring that we improve our understanding of trends and risks to content safety on YouTube. This includes understanding the abusive patterns of bad actors to help prevent and remove offensive content as quickly as possible.
You'll evaluate abuse trends and quality with the vendor operations teams, and you'll develop creative solutions to address quality, workflows and processes. You'll also review decisions about the appropriateness of different content, including considerations of cultural and political sensitivities. You are a problem solver, action-oriented doer, and you're able to turn learning into succinct, actionable story that often bridges the gap between technical and non-technical teams.
This role will review graphic, controversial, and sometimes offensive video content in line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
In this role, you might be required to work non-standard working hours, including on-call rotation work hours.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun - and we do it all together.
• Track and monitor performance against key metrics, turning data into digestible and actionable stories for cross-functional teams.
• Manage content escalations, providing data and content-driven insights and implementing solutions. Review graphic, controversial, and offensive content in-line with YouTube's Community Guidelines.
• Research and stay up-to-date on key trends and suspicious patterns across policy areas. Ensure effective implementation of policy by drafting guidelines for reviewers.
• Oversee enforcement quality across policy areas, including calibrations with vendor teams. Work cross-functionally, think strategically, and keep our users safe while protecting free speech.
• Provide operational and policy expertise to our Product, Engineering, and User Experience teams. Support the development of automated enforcement solutions.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
• 4 years of experience in operations (e.g., scaled/sales operations, vendor management, process/organizational development, etc.).
• Experience identifying abuse trends or working in news/policy.
• Experience with project management working with internal/external partners.
• Experience working in fields related to suicide prevention and mental health in the technology space.
• Experience with SQL and/or spreadsheet software. Demonstrated analytical skills, including using data to drive strategy and business action.
• Ability to build relationships with cross-functional stakeholders to drive consensus across geographies.
• Excellent analytical, influencing, communication skills, and business judgment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4931-44-192-94-86-42 in your application.