Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As the YouTube Brand Marketing Manager, you will be a key member of the Canadian Marketing team driving brand with consumers for YouTube. In this role, you will be responsible for the strategy and execution of B2C brand and reputation marketing.
You will report to the Head of Consumer Marketing, and manage programs that will positively shift consumer and key influencer perceptions. You will collaborate with the YouTube Canada and Global teams to drive the planning process for the YouTube brand initiatives in Canada, which includes an in-depth analysis of prior year program performance and recommended strategies and initiatives for the following year.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
• Monitor and manage YouTube Canada's brand reputation, optimizing brand presence
• Identify and activate brand promoters (Key Opinion Formers, Creators, Users) through multi-pronged and always-on strategies and tactics
• Develop actionable, insights driven strategies for YouTube Canada working closely with Communications, Policy, and Partnerships colleagues to inform and engage with key audiences in an impactful and on-going way
• Lead the launch, amplification, and analysis of impact reporting for Canada, working alongside Policy and Partnerships teams
• Manage budgets and develop metrics to track the impact of programming and campaigns on advertisers, agencies, consumers, and key opinion formers
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• 8 years of marketing or product experience
• Experience leading projects or programming cross-functionally
• Experience with agency management, including experience in reputation marketing
• Experience building relationships and influencing cross-functional stakeholders in Strategy, PR/Communications, Policy, and Partnerships locally and globally
• Ability to simplify the complex without losing the core message
• Ability to develop strategy, creative campaigns, and market insights, and analyze campaign effectiveness/return on investment
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with the confidence to lead with a point of view
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1p6y-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.