WZTV Nashville is seeking a Digital Content Manager! This position is responsible for featuring and maintaining the content on the Station's digital platforms, providing updated and fresh content throughout the day, working with station management to provide a digital presence on our website(s), social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube on a day-to-day basis and on email blasts, employing journalist best practices.
• Continually creates compelling content with a focus on video and social – this involves establishing a budgeted itinerary of video and graphic content on a day-to-day, week-to-week, month-to-month basis and prioritizing and evaluating the relative importance of sporting events and how they should be programmed digitally
• Maintain relationships with Sales, News and Promotion departments
• Coordinate contests with Sales, News and/or Promotion departments
• Develop a new look for each contest to uniquely reflect what is involved
• Edit, save, and transfer video for reporter packages, new stories, guest segments, etc.
• Reviews and edits reporter web scripts before posting
• Maintains and updates the news portion of the station's site with accurate and timely content
• Updates any breaking news coverage to be posted on station digital platforms
• Utilize social media platforms as practical to provide newsworthy information
• Also utilize social media platforms to provide breaking news coverage as appropriate and monitor and interact with feedback on the station's social media platforms
• Notify Station Management of any questionable feedback
• Follow journalistic best practices in posting any content to social media platforms
• Writes story details as needed
• Maintain a working knowledge of current local, regional, and national news
• Provide news stories utilizing the newsroom systems or direct communications and maintain regular contact with news sources
• Works with new technologies to ensure content is available as quickly as possible
Requirements and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree and commensurate experience required
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in content creation, digital or other, is necessary
• Website programming and social media experience is required
• Basic knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Snap Chat are necessary
• Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
• Focus on video production combined with superior video editing and graphic design skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills are required
• Superior organizational and project management skills are required
• A solid understanding of HTML (and Asana), demonstrated copy editing skills, sound news judgment, and a proven ability to create effective news packages on deadline is required
• A demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects in fast paced environment is essential
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzp251-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.