Specialty MMJ, WXMI
WXMI, The E.W. Scripps Company FOX affiliate in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is looking for a Specialty Multimedia Journalist to join our team. The Specialty MMJ collects and analyzes complex information of newsworthy events relying on critical relationships with local news makers. This position will be relied upon primarily for lead stories and/or specialized segments.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Develop, create and research news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
• Uncover stories through investigation and research.
• Use computer database to research statistics and facts.
• Gather and verify factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
• Organize material, determine slant or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
• Shoot video and still photos to illustrate stories.
• Edit, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
• Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
• Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
• Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
• Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
• Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
• Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
• Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
• BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
• Generally, 5+ years of experience in related field preferred
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• Strong communication skills, oral and written
• Storytelling ability
• Promote teamwork attitude with station employees
• Exceptional on-air personality
• Multitask multiple stories
• Advance ability in critical thinking
• Valid driver's license, good driving record, and ability to provide proof of insurance with the company required insurance limits
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2eq17-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.